Excruciatingly Long Day

I thought today would go pretty smooth. I'd get through work, write most of my issue paper, maybe get far enough along to go to Salt Lake to see the lights for ward FHE and have a good Monday. None of that happened. Something in my brain would not turn on today and I had the absolute worst day I've had in months. I couldn't (and still can't) think clearly, my speech is dyslexic and slurred, I'm physically and mentally drained and I feel horribly...I can't even think of the word to describe it.

I left work early so I could afford a nap to reboot myself because I was so tired and unproductive this morning. The nap did nothing. I spent the entire afternoon at my computer trying to get the paper started. I did everything I could to get myself to write. I listened to music, I ate, I made an invitation for my Christmas party, I ate again, I napped, I prayed, I tried and I tried and I'm still trying, but to no avail. My eyes are bloodshot and my left eye has a nice fat red vein showing very prominently that also stings...which is a big, big sign that my body is, for some reason, very tired.

All I can hope for now is that in the next couple hours before sleep I can get something written and then tomorrow I can build on it and get something turned in. I've decided that the worst thing to do would be to try to stay up late to get it done. I would like to turn this in on time though so I hope I get good sleep tonight so I can be energized tomorrow.

Today was a wasted day.

The song of the day basically sums up how I've felt since I woke up: "Can't Seem to Get it Right Today" by: Joe Purdy
0 Responses

    Followers