Pie Night

Today was a pretty doggone fantastic day. After church I got my apartment all cleaned up and ready for guests. At 3 I started coring, peeling and slicing apples. With the assistance of a good friend, from 4-7 I put together an apple pie from scratch and 2 Double Layer Pumpkin Pies also from scratch. At 7:30, we threw water, cream soda concentrate, lots of sugar and dry ice in a water cooler and made cream soda. At 8, people started showing up. In all, there were 16 people at my apartment for Pie Night. It was a major success.

I was very pleased with the outcome of my apple pie. As far as I can remember, I have never made a pie with crust before. I made a flaky butter crust that turned out great. It was very flaky and my lattice design on the top, complete with an apple cut from crust scraps looked pretty good. The Apple Pie received major thumbs up.

The Double Layer Pumpkin was really good. The cheesecake was super delicious and the pumpkin was surprisingly marvelous as well. Put together on top of each other and it was a hit. We went through 2 of the 3 pies, with just a small piece of the apple left and one whole Double Layer Pumpkin left. There is also 3 and a half gallons of cream soda remaining. I'm super exhausted from all the work today, so I'll be turning in a little earlier tonight.

I did learn something about myself today. I had at least two, if not three people tell me I'm very domestic. I was told that by a friend as I vacuumed today and then I was told that again during pie night when they heard all the pies and cream soda were homemade. While I am not super keen on being called domestic, I suppose there is some truth to it. I am pretty devoted to what I do in my apartment.

Today's song of the day: "Fly Me to the Moon" from the always great Frank Sinatra
0 Responses

    Followers