Being Productive

I was very surprised by how well my Friday went. I expected to struggle to write the paper I had to turn in by 5 pm. I got home from work at 2 and ate a little and then got started. I wrote about Pierre-Auguste Renoire, comparing how he was viewed in his time to how he is viewed today. I chose him because the other night when I re-watched The Train, a movie about Nazis stealing art from France in WWII, I kept seeing his name on the crates of art. Watching that movie turned out to be great for me because I included a paragraph in my paper about the actual incident during WWII that was made into a movie, which boosted my word count up to where it needed to be. Without that movie, I would have had a hard time finishing. Hooray for Netflix!

The rest of the evening was pretty standard for how boring I have been lately. Mike came over and we watched another WWII movie, Battleground. It was a fairly boring movie, with parts played by the actual soldiers of the 101st Airborne Division. It did have some funny parts that I'll be quoting, but I probably wouldn't watch the movie again. After that I went two doors down and hung out...or is it hanged out...or maybe hunged out...anyway, I watched some tv with my friends Philip, who used to home teach me and is now my home teaching companion, and his roommate Evan, who teaches tap classes in the evenings.

I was disappointed that I could not light off any of my fireworks for Guy Fawkes Day. It looks like I may end up bringing a bunch of fireworks home for New Years.

Today is a sports Saturday. Football at noon, soccer conference championship match, and volleyball later tonight. Should be a fun day. Tomorrow is Fast Sunday and I've been invited to two different dinners, one of which I'm supposed to be helping make...I either have to decide between the two or make the one I'm helping with earlier so I can have both!

Today's song of the day is obvious...GO COUGARS!
0 Responses

    Followers