Start of the Weekend

In my sleep Thursday night I had some pretty awesome dreams that got me really excited for life and the weekend. I woke up at 6 am and sort of slept a bit more before finally just getting out of bed around 7. Let me tell you what, I have never woken up in such a good mood. I was just really feeling alive! I made breakfast, got ready for work, turned on some music and just enjoyed the morning.

There was nothing to do at work except adjusting tire pressure. I'm not sure if I mentioned this before, but our tire pressure gauge was off by 10 psi. We found this out when a couple cars that we thought had the right pressure blew out a tire. We've spent the week checking and adjusting the pressure so all the vehicles have the right pressure. With only 2 vehicles to prep (as opposed to the 20-30 we usually have) yesterday, we worked on tire pressure and then went through the vehicles one by one, inspecting them for damage and misplaced bench seats (they get taken out for various things). That was a piece of cake.

After work I tootled over to DI to get myself a sheet for a projector. Mike needed his back. I found a prefect white one the same size as the one I had been using. Only $2. It looks great stretched across my wall. I also picked up a few ingredients for pies because Sunday I am having a Pie Night! It was kind of funny at the store because somehow I ended up with 2 of every item I got except for milk and butter. I didn't need 2 of all of them, but the pricing was such that 2 was perfect for a lot of it. I didn't notice I had 2 of everything until I got to the register and it was funny to put everything up and see 2 of everything. 2 cream of chicken soups. 2 one quart cartons of egg nog (on sale for about $1.19). 2 cream cheeses. 4 puddings but they were stacked in 2. 2 pie crusts. There was more but I don't remember it all. Pie Night will be awesome. I actually expect more than the usual 3 people this time, and a few of them will bring pies to go along with the 2 Double Layer Pumpkin Pies and the apple pie I'm making. It'll be fun and delicious.

I went to Wal Mart and found a perfect cheap, but fairly decent looking shoes to use for work. They were $9 and will be perfect for wearing to work and outdoor activities that I wouldn't want to ruin nicer shoes with this winter. I'm planning on getting nicer, longer lasting shoes sometime around Black Friday when I can maybe get better deals.

Today is Sports Day in Provo. There are 4 different fairly big events going on. Womens Basketball at 1. Football senior day at 4. Mens Basketball at 8. Women's Volleyball senior night at 7:30. Traffic will suck for people who drive. I'm excited to go shotgun shooting in a few hours. I hope the weather cooperates!

I was watching the Today Show and saw this video. It contributed to making yesterday so great. YOU HAVE TO WATCH IT:

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/40220223#40220223

I'll make that song the song of the day too.
0 Responses

    Followers