Wednesday

First, although I'm writing this late Wednesday night... HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

Now for a quick Wednesday recap. I woke up this morning with an extremely painful and slightly debilitating headache. I felt queasy and weak and I couldn't move without pain, so I went back to sleep for a bit. I got back up at 9:30 and it was a little better, but still very painful. I knew I had a lot to do today, so I just sucked it up and went to it. Mike and I shoveled 4-5 inches of snow from both Grandma's and the neighbors sidewalks and driveways. After that and some lunch we got out the old hand grinder and ground up fruit for the jello fruit salad.

This afternoon at 3:50 we went to the IMAX and saw Harry Potter!! It was awesome! I love big screens!! It'll be hard going back to my measly little 6 foot screen at home. One day, Jon...one day!

My headache is a bit better now. Any kind of light jerking motion hurts. I'm trying to keep my head pretty still and move it smoothly. I'm also trying not to raise my voice at all, laugh too much, sneeze or any other similar thing that makes your head jerk lightly. Seriously though, this morning I thought I'd be in bed all day without moving an inch. I'm glad that didn't happen.

So a big pipe broke at BYU today. Tons of water spilled out, some into Heritage Halls On-Campus Housing. Here's a picture that gives you an idea of how much flooded. By the way...the high today was around 20, tonight it will get down to 1 in Provo and tomorrow it won't even make it much higher than 15, so there will be a whole lot of ice where this happened. A WHOLE LOT.

This is a good quarter to half mile from the actual leak. There's a whole lane plus the sidewalk flooded there.

All the students are gone too...they have no idea!

So, those are the big stories today. The blizzard is gone and bitter cold remains. It will warm up a bit for the big game Saturday, then more winter comes in Sunday.

I posted this to my Facebook, but here's a little poem I wrote for Thanksgiving:


Every year around this time,
we pause on a fall day,
and sit down to a kingly feast;
our "thankfuls" we do say.

Some are thankful for their meal,
and others for their clothes,
some are thankful just to have
ten fingers and ten toes.

I would like to pause right now,
and say a word or more,
and hopefully inspire you,
to share what you're thankful for.

I'm thankful for my family,
the closeness that we share,
with them I've had many laughs,
and I know they really care.

I'm thankful for the friendships,
that have blessed my life.
They inspired me to smile,
when my days were full of strife.

I'm thankful for the talents,
with which I've been endowed,
I love to cook up a big meal,
for a special crowd.

I'm thankful for the smiles,
that people give to me
It may seem like something small,
but they make me real happy.

These things that I have shared today
just represent a few
of all that I am thankful for,
now go make a list for you!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Oh...and for the Song of the Day, there can only be one for Thanksgiving...just turn the radio on and I guarantee you'll hear this one: "Alice's Restaurant"...you can listen to all 18 minutes if ya want!

"you can get anything you want, in Alice's restaurant..."
0 Responses

    Followers