I Hit My Head...OUCH

I don't think I've mentioned it, but vacuuming and washing cars can be very hazardous. In the past couple months, I've sliced my cuticle open, scraped a couple layers of skin off my leg, had multiple nicks and bruises, almost gave myself a black eye when the automatic window went into auto close mode when my face was sticking out the window, and then today I slammed the back of my head into a solid metal van door frame. I've hit my head on the frame before a couple times, but this time I really slammed it good. Luckily, it was right at the end of work, so I only had to endure the pain for a few minutes before I went home. At home, the pain was causing me to feel a little queasy so I laid down and watched some episodes of a tv show. I fell asleep for a while and when I woke up the pain had subsided a bit. It still hurts when I move my head certain ways, like jostling it when I laugh. There is a little sensitivity to loud noise and occasionally I get a nice little shot of pain through my whole head, but as far as I can tell, it's just your average head injury. No concussion. No unconsciousness. No blacking out. I went to my class this evening to see how my brain would react. I did have a little trouble concentrating, but I'll be fine in a few days.

Mother nature must have been smoking some pot today because the weather was crazy. This morning it was very nice out. It was in the upper 40s with sunshine. I knew a storm might move through but it wasn't supposed to get too cold. The storm was weird. It started drizzling, then the wind started blowing hard as the rain became more steady. It sleeted for a bit and then after a few minutes the rain stopped and the wind picked up more. All of a sudden it felt like it was 20 degrees outside, even though the sun was shining again. The wind kept blowing and blowing. When I left work, the wind was blowing very strongly perpendicular to the direction most of my ride home is. I had a fun time trying to not be blown away. After a while, the wind subsided and now it's just a little breezy and cold out.

My head hurts so I won't babble on about anything else.

Song of the day today is from Taylor Swift. "The Best Day"
0 Responses

    Followers