A Day to Remember

About a week ago, I stumbled across a post on Facebook from the Piano Guys (who, by the way, I have a great story about first discovering them when they were brand new and I began sharing them with you all...if you haven't read it, find it in my blog history from last year) that said join us in breaking a world record and be in our new video. I clicked it just to see what they were up to and was interestingly intrigued and immediately signed up. They were combining in Provo with a bunch of other YouTube stars like the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, Studio C, David Archuleta, and some others to break the world record for most participants in a live nativity and then turning it into a video of sorts. I needed to go to Provo anyway to pick up some stuff my brother left behind when he moved home to Virginia (and by the way, when he says six boxes of stuff, he really means AN ENTIRE SUV FULL), so I figured I could kill two birds with one stone and help break a record and grab the stuff. In both things, I got WAY more than I bargained for! For the sake of both my sanity and you're time, I'll just focus on the record event and not the showing up at my brother's house at 10:30 at night to find a room full of stuff that would take almost an hour to move and fit in my full-size SUV.

Lexi has Monday's off so I signed her up to come too. We registered to be angels and were told to bring our own all-white angel costumes with no halo or wings. Recently, I purchased two tuxedos, one white and one brown (and both sexy) from the Utah Festival Opera for $10 each. Yep, two tuxes. Ten. Dollars. Each. I found occasion for the brown tux, but was not sure when I would use the white one. Enter the angel costume. It was a done deal. Shoe color did not matter, so I prepared to rock the white tux as one well-dressed angel.

We arrived to the event expecting to just break the record and go home. We did not make the cut at first for the people in the video shoot. It seemed most of those people were friends and family of the people in charge of the event. After a few hours passed and everyone that was going to arrive had arrived, they needed everyone to help out with one part of the video where we all wore lighted bell-shaped costumes and had flashlights we pointed to the sky when they filmed after dark. We were trained on that and then everyone entered the world record area where we officially broke the record! Then, we rehearsed the formation shoot and they gathered everyone on hand to have enough for it. We shot that several times and finally got what they needed. Then, they said everyone with angel costumes were needed for the other shot, which is the one we originally wanted to be in but only the select few were going to be. Turns out, they had way too few to get the right shot, so we all got in on it. It was in the mid-30s and there was a good breeze, so it was cold and it was getting late. Hundreds of us angels stood on the hill singing and rehearsing and shooting and re-shooting and singing and shooting and shooting and singing for a couple hours before finally, at 10:30 at night, we had a wrap!

Until the video comes out, I won't give away the awesomeness of what all we did, but I can say with absolute surety that this video will be incredible and you will want to share it with everyone you know. It was absolutely worth being outside in a white tuxedo in cold weather for over eight hours. Here are some pictures to get you excited!












0 Responses

    Followers