Busy, Busy Me

Today I woke up at 8:30 and quickly ate and showered. I went and printed off an email for a promotion, then loaded all my coins into a tootsie roll coin bank and into my pocket and headed off on my bike for the Provo Towne Center Mall. There I used my email and an ID to redeem a $10 gift card to any store (that accepts American Express) in any mall owned by the company that owns this mall. For my purposes, that means I got a $10 gift card to the Provo Towne Center Mall. With my gift card, I went price shopping for shoes (thank goodness I went price shopping alone too). I found a really nice pair for $40 that I'll go back and look into on my next paycheck if I can afford them. After browsing the mall for a bit, I biked to Smith's and deposited all my coins in the coin counter. I had a few cents more than $20, netting me just under $19 after the small fee was taken. From the bank I headed home to get ready for the football game. Football was great, with us crushing Colorado State and the Utes getting crushed by Notre Dame. After the game I borrowed a car and picked up a drill to mount my projector. As usual, what seemed like a VERY simple task turned into a 4 hour event. The screws could not screw into the joists in the ceiling. For those of you who don't know, a joist is basically a stud (the kind you find in walls) in the roof. Anyway, the wood was too hard for these dinky screws to work. Both of them broke from our efforts to get them to screw in. I convinced Mike to scooter on over to Home Depot to get better screws. He told the Home Depot people what we were doing and the problem we already had, so they recommended a screw for us. Well, the nice brass wood screw they recommended did not work and also broke off in the ceiling, so I sent a text message to my Uncle Rory asking for help. As luck would have it, he installs projectors with his work, so he told me what kind of screw to get. As luck would also have it, my Elder's Quorum President owed me a favor from a couple weeks ago and so he happily took me to Home Depot. Even better, he is quite knowledgeable with construction and screws and with his help and my uncle's advice, we found the best screw for my purpose. The correct kind of screw easily bore itself into the joist and a few mount tightenings later, my projector was successfully mounted. It took drilling about 10 holes, 2 trips to home depot, advice from parents, uncles and friends, but it all worked out. I then spent a couple hours cleaning the front half of my apartment so I can entertain guests tomorrow and then I rearranged furniture to make for better viewing from the mounted projector. I think today was a great success. I got about 5 miles of biking in, good football, hard work and a mounted projector. Tomorrow, I'm making Chicken Cordon Bleu with a brand new sauce. The weekend is going good!

Today's Sunday-appropriate song of the day captures my feelings once the projector was mounted and the apartment all cleaned.
0 Responses

    Followers