Up in Salt Lake

Whoops, sorry I didn't update my blog last night. I got preoccupied with laundry and alligator gar on tv...

Yesterday the blizzard of the century rolled into Utah. A lot of hype came ahead of the storm, with campuses and government offices state-wide closing down in the early afternoon. Even BYU closed campus at 3 pm. Provo was expected to get 3-6 inches or so of snow and Salt Lake expected 4-8 inches. The north part of the state got blasted. Some areas received 6+ inches in the valleys, but it seems that the storm weakened as it came south. Here at Grandmas in Murray we got about 4 inches, but Provo barely got an inch. Still though, the snow fell hard and blew hard in the wind, so it was good that people were encouraged to stay home. Today it's cold out, with highs around 20 and lows in the single digits and in the negatives in northern areas. The blizzard was a fail, but the approach was impressive. We didn't see as good a view as this, but we watched the black clouds blow in and it looked very intimidating.



In a few minutes here I'm finally going to the imax to see Harry Potter. I'm pretty excited! Saturday is the big game and while we were VERY tempted to get $20 tickets and go, it's better if we just head down to my apartment and watch it on the projector with friends. If I was working full-time, I could afford it, but when I make barely enough to pay rent and groceries and such, I can't really afford going to something I can view from home for free. CURSE PART-TIME WORK!

I have a massive headache today. When I woke up it was way worse, so I slept in for an extra hour and a half. I got out of bed at 9:30, which is the latest I've been in bed for in a long time. After some more sleep and a bit of food, I felt a little better, but there is still massive pain in my head. Despite the pain, life goes on. I shoveled snow at grandma's and the next door neighbors and also helped grind up fruit for the delicious thanksgiving jello fruit salad. I'm just hoping the big screen and loud noise of the movie isn't too bad.

So I'm in reform mode this week. Someone told me I call things "retarded" a lot. In just a few hours I said retarded about 5 or 6 times. Though retarded is just a small thing, I noticed that I have kind of digressed a bit and have found myself being much more crass than I should be, so, I'm taking note of my less-than-perfect speaking habits and working to reform my vocabulary this week. Mike says it's stupid, but he uses more potty language than me, so he has no room to judge. It doesn't help that I'm at grandma's where bible language is standard, but, I'm doing pretty good at catching myself, so we'll see how I do. I'm pretty optimistic.


That's all that's going down here. I'll post some thanksgiving stuff tomorrow. Good day all!

Song of the day: Peaceful Easy Feeling
0 Responses

    Followers