Movies and Psych

Today, since I had to watch a movie to write a short paper about last night, I want to talk about movies.

Last night I watched Alfred Hitchcock's North by Northwest. I found it to be surprisingly good. As I began writing the short paper for it and read more about it, I found it even more intriguing. That movie pretty much started the spy and action genre as we know it today. The James Bond movies were created because of this movie. You can trace all sorts of things back to this movie. If you haven't seen it, I recommend you watch it. Not only is it a very good movie for 1959, but it is entertaining and historical.

Today, for fun, I watched Robots. I saw it ages ago and wanted to re-watch it, so I got it through Netflix. I love going back and watching movies and picking up on new jokes and things. I laughed a lot watching it tonight. If you haven't seen Robots recently, pick it up and watch it again. I'm sure you'll find new jokes to laugh at too.

I want to mention something I think is really cool. As you may know, I'm a HUGE Psych (tv show) fan. I've seen all the episodes twice now and I re-watch them and find new things to laugh about too. So, Psych is currently in the middle of a college tour. Since there are thousands of colleges, they can't visit all of them. Unfortunately they aren't coming to BYU. But, they are doing a thing on their website called Campus Wars. On the USA Network website, they have a thing called Club Psych. On there you can register and play all sorts of games and watch video clips and do other activities that earn you points. Usually you use those points to try to win cool stuff, but they came up with a cool idea. People can register and play for their favorite college/university. Every point they earn goes towards their normal Club Psych points, as well as their colleges points. The college with the most points on December 22nd wins and, pending that school's permission, will get that school's name in a shout out in an episode next season, either spoken or written. When I first saw the competition less than an hour after it started, BYU was in 15th place with 400 points. The leader was somewhere around 5000 points. I registered and thought maybe by some miracle BYU could win. By the time I had contributed 400 points of my own 10 minutes later, BYU was in the lead. That lead has increased and increased and as of right now, BYU leads by 35,510 points. Earlier we led by nearly 50,000, but every so often one of the top schools makes a big surge. I keep contributing points and I've told my friends about it in the hopes that we can win the shout out. It seemed like a long shot at first, but apparently there are lots of Psych fans here and we have a VERY good chance of winning if we keep racking up so many points each day. You don't have to be a student of that school to participate, and some of the games are very fun, so, I encourage all of you to go sign up for Club Psych. Since I get 100 points for inviting you if you join, I'll facebook invite you all. If you do sign up, then join Campus Wars and play for BYU. All you have to do is complete the "challenges", which are things like games and looking at photos and videos and click the Club Psych logo when you complete a challenge to get your points. It's really fun!

Now for a quick update on me. Tap test in the morning. I think I'll do well. One and a half papers to write. One due tomorrow, one due Friday. Made no bakes today. Delicious.

Hope to record something for my radio-esque show soon. Maybe this weekend.

Today's song of the day is in honor of the 60s. This song was #1 on the charts on this very day, November 4th, 50 years ago.
0 Responses

    Followers