Saturday the 31st

Here I am at the end of yet another summer week. A small handful of weeks more and this summer will be over. I can't say I'm really sad about that though. In a college town when you have a summer job, there really aren't many things to do. Most of the people you know are on vacation and while there are lots of fun holidays and such, in my case I worked through them all. I'm not complaining or anything, but, as the summer ends I realize how much my body and mind really need a reboot. I'm hoping that happens in Wyoming on the 27th and 29th. I'm not sure how Wyoming is going to go, but I am going to do all I can to make it a really fun time.

I commuted to work on my bike for the first time today. It was a good experience. I have a little more flexibility now because I do not have to run on the buses schedule. That really makes me happy. It takes me between 10 and 15 minutes to ride to seven peaks, depending on my rate of speed and traffic lights. If I want to go leisurely, I leave a little early. If I'm late, I can just peddle faster and be there in under 10. It is also good exercise for me. I haven't been going to the gym as often as I should and I've really felt that in my physical health. Before I would be tired at the end of the week, but it would be a good tired where a day off Sunday would re-energize me and I would get back to it. Now, by mid-week I'm flat out exhausted and there's little that can re-energize me. I'll try going to the gym more. Even if I don't lift weights and bulk up, I need to at least go and get my blood flowing, get my body working.

More important news than the above, I am now more than halfway through the Book of Mormon. Today I read the story of Ammon and Lamoni, which is probably one of the best stories. Lots of people falling to the ground. It really is amazing.

Tomorrow is my real meeting with my bishop about a mission. It works out that the meeting was postponed last week because this week is Fast Sunday, so I think that will help me. I honestly have no idea what's going to happen and where our discussion will go, but I'm ready for it.

That's the news for today. If he reads this, it'll be on his birthday, so Happy Birthday Michael! The good thing about your birthday on Fast Sunday is you get a bigger dinner you'll enjoy more!
0 Responses

    Followers