Thursday 15th and Friday the 16th

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME! Today I turned 21. But, first, let me recap Thursday...


Thursday July 15th- Happy Birthday to my dad. He turned...well, we'll just say he got older today. In honor of his birthday, I sent him a nice poem honoring the occasion. He enjoyed it a lot. Today I also decided to buy myself a birthday present. So, I don't have pearly white teeth, but I don't have yellowed teeth either. I just have teeth basically. As I discussed before, I thought it would be nice to whiten my teeth and see how much it might boost my confidence and give me reason to smile for no reason. Thus, I went on Amazon and purchased the ones I had researched (I did a good bit of research before buying). I got lucky too, because I was going to get free 3-5 day shipping. Then I realized I actually could get free 2 day shipping. So I ordered with the 2 day option. After that I went to work for a long shift. I worked about 9 and a half hours because a group had rented the park out for 2 extra hours after we usually close.

Friday July 16th- YAY! My birthday! I stayed up late Thursday so I could celebrate the first moments of being 21. I listened to Frank Sinatra singing Happy Birthday online and then I talked with Mary for a bit which was really nice. Before I went to bed, I got a great birthday surprise. The package from Amazon was shipped to me next day air. So I went to bed. Would you believe my luck. When I got up for work the next morning at 9, the package was already on my door! I was more than impressed. It took less than 24 hours to order and get it delivered and the shipping was FREE! Totally awesome. I went to work and was greeted with many gifts at work. I got an angel food cake topped with delicious frosting and strawberries, I got another carrot cake and then another employee brought me a pound of strawberries. A few employees are making me things for tomorrow. Another two made me something but it didn't turn out so they didn't bring it. It's ok though, I felt very appreciated by my employees at work today. After a super busy day at work I came home and went to a BYU men's soccer game for free. The ref absolutely robbed us, making horrible calls throughout and then awarding the other team a penalty kick 15 seconds before regular time expired. It's all good though, I enjoyed the game and especially enjoyed heckling the ref. Oh, in the mail today I got 3 birthday cards. One from the family, one from big sister Amelia and on from my grandparents. I also received many birthday greetings on facebook and a couple via text or phone call. All in all, it was an enjoyable 21st birthday. I still have lots more celebrating to do with dinner next week and all these cakes to eat.
0 Responses

    Followers