Life


Tomorrow is another day off for me. I'm looking forward to it since I haven't had a single day off (not even Sunday) for a week and a half due to the 130+ hours put in at the fireworks stand and seven peaks. I plan on getting a haircut for sure, doing laundry, cleaning my apartment and trying to get rid of some of the junk cluttering my apartment. I may hop over to Deseret Book and pick up a replica version of the Book of Mormon. Every time I try reading the Book of Mormon all the way through, the layout of books and chapters somehow throws me all off and I can't finish. So, after lots of thought, I decided it was worth $23 to get the version that reads like a book. That way, this time around I can focus on understanding the flow of it all. Then, once I've read it all the way through, I can go back to the new version and I can study with cross references and chapters and verses and all that jazz.

One area I think I lack in life right now is confidence. My supervisor job helps a bit and I do have confidence in many things I do, but, I've been trying to boost my confidence in myself since my lack of it has been holding me back for some time. I'm doing a little better about asserting myself, but it's difficult. I'm looking into some different ways to do that. I hear smiling really helps, but as you all know I'm not much of a smiler. To help with that, I'm thinking about maybe getting some of those crest white strips to give me a reason to smile. It sounds dumb, but I think it could really help me. We'll see. Gaining weight and getting a little more muscular will help me too. Being small and being timid go hand in hand 90% of the time I swear. I'm small so why assert myself right? Well, hopefully with 2 packs of steak in the freezer, 5 dozen eggs, yogurt, oatmeal and the protein powder and my workout I can fulfill that goal. I bet I could crack 140 before the end of summer.

I'm enjoying my summer, but it is a little depressing how many people are vacationing. Nearly all of my employees are taking vacations, most of them this month. The food manager and each of the other supervisors are taking weekends or even full weeks off to vacation, visit family, etc. Mary's chillaxin at the beach this week. As usual, I'm trucking away, working hard to balance my present and secure my future. The way things look now, I'll hopefully have at least $2000 just sitting in my bank account by summer's end. That would be nice. Normally I would take that money and just run off to europe, but, alas, I cannot.

Anyway, there's not much new going on. Just working, trying to have fun. My birthday is next week. Yay.
0 Responses

    Followers