Wednesday the 14th

Today was a great day. Work was slow so I just kicked back and listened to music and talked with employees. One employee fulfilled her promise to make me carrot cake cupcakes and she brought them today since she is leaving town before my birthday. They were topped with delicious, homemade cream cheese frosting. I got off work an hour early and headed home. A few hours later at home Annie showed up with a two-tiered carrot cake she and Mike bought. Annie has to work late on my birthday, so we celebrated it tonight. We had cake and kool-aid and then went bowling. As usual, my first game was a severe flop. I barely hit 70 points. Then, as expected, I dominated in the second game. I bowled somewhere around a 140 (don't remember the actual score), which beat my opponents by 38 and 48 points. The last game was close and I squeaked a win over Annie by 8 points. I ended on a huge flop, knocking down only 1 pin in the final 2 tries. Thank goodness I went last or Annie would have won. Mike is still trying to perfect his different technique, so many of his throws went straight to the gutter. After that we illegally set off a couple rockets. For my actual birthday Friday, I'm not sure what we'll do. The student fan club, Cougar United, sent all of us members free tickets to a men's soccer game Friday, so I may do that. I'll also likely go pick up a good bottle of wine for some recipes I plan on making really soon here. I'm especially looking forward to the best clam chowder in the world!

That was the gist of my day, tomorrow is Dad's birthday, he'll be 50! Happy Birthday Dad!
0 Responses

    Followers