Independence Day

After close to 100 hours of work packed into one week, the 4th of July portion of the firework tent has ended. Out of $22,000 of beginning inventory, we sold somewhere between $14,000 and $15,000 of fireworks. Last year, with our old location, we sold about $12,000 for the 4th and Pioneer Day (The 24th), and we worked almost two weeks for the 4th last year. So, we are doing great and it looks like I will get the paycheck I needed. Where we stand now, I'll get between $800 and $900 plus a couple hundred more for Pioneer Day. I'll easily get over $1,000 total for myself and that's my goal. While the paycheck will be great, I am totally and completely physically, mentally and emotionally exhausted. Luckily, I have Thursday and Saturday off this week, so I'll have some good rest time...though a lot of that will be spent getting rid of all the junk in my apartment and cleaning house (nothing has been cleaned for two weeks besides dishes).

Next Friday is my birthday. As requested, I'll be working 10-6pm. I know if I didn't work I would just sit around til the evening and then do something, so, why not just work and then party? Plus I have some employees at seven peaks who want to make me a cake.

The next step in summer for me is to get some reading done and gain weight. I dropped $50 on a big ol' tub of protein powder. Combine that with all the eggs and steak and other protein foods and my workout and I will hopefully gain some weight here.

That's the news for now I suppose. I'll keep on updating and hopefully someone will keep on reading.
0 Responses

    Followers