Friday July 30th

Happy Friday! Work was insanely busy today for some reason. The park wasn't very busy, but lots of people wanted food and they all came to my stand today. It was a shaky start because some employees were at the wrong stands and 2 were home sick, but in the end we made it through. I do have to say that some of my employees really make my job worth it. There are lots of hot days where I'm exhausted or stressed or something outside of work is on my mind and those days just suck, but there's always some employee who either really works hard and makes my job so much easier that day or an employee that's funny that helps me break through that stress barrier. I'm very grateful for my employees. They've made my summer more enjoyable.

Well, after a good long search that had me on the very brink of buying a brand new mountain bike (which I still really want), I finally found a good quality used bike for $125. It was sold to me by a guy who runs a bike repair business. I took it on a test ride and saw no real reason to pass on the deal. I am now the proud owner of an aqua marine Scott Mountain Bike. I chose a mountain bike over a road bike (the ones with skinny wheels) because I am in Utah and I'm literally only seconds away from lots of good bike trails. Since I'm not commuting 20 miles to work (which apparently is a popular thing to do with road bikes), a mountain bike works great for getting to work and back. Now I just need to find some people who also have bikes who can go try out some trails with me!
0 Responses

    Followers