Wednesday July 21st

Whewee! I'm exhausted right now. There is only one thing to really talk about today. Tonight was the Seven Peaks employee innertube water polo tournament! They had a record setting 12 teams sign up this year. It was a single elimination format with a lower, easier bracket and an upper advanced bracket with one extra game to play to get to the final. I was originally on one team, but when we were slaughtered by a life guard team with some bad attitude (and I mean bad...I'll tell more later), I was recruited to a second team. One other member of my losing team joined and with two more dropping out from my new team, we picked up two of the older, stronger lifeguards. With this team we defeated our opposition in the first round game and then went on to win by one against the bad attitude lifeguards in the semifinals. They wouldn't go without a fight though. And I mean a fist fight. They were making open threats to our team because they didn't agree with the official score and wanted a shootout or extra time. Finally, I took it to the the official score keeper, who was a lifeguard supervisor and also the head of the tournament, the foods manager and it was determined that our team had in fact won fair and square. I quickly pulled my team away from the scene so they could relax before competing in the final. We knew we had very little chance in the final. We were up against basically the dream team of Seven Peaks water polo. Their team had several people who had played real or innertube water polo in leagues. The rest of the team that wasn't super experienced were the top lifeguards. The final score was something like 15-3. I am very proud to say though, that I scored 2 of our 3 points. It was an amazingly fun time and everyone had fun except for the sore loser lifeguards, who were still being obnoxiously rude at the end of the night. They'll hate me especially because I was goalie during that game and stopped many of their shots.

So, that's the excitement of today. Tomorrow is my last day this week at Seven Peaks. Friday and Saturday I'll be selling fireworks again. For our foods employee party next week we may buy $300 worth of fireworks and have a big show. We'll poll the employees tomorrow and see if they want to do that. It'd be pretty fun I think to do that. I'll do my best to convince them.

One last thing, for those of you interested, I haven't read tons, but today I finished 2nd Nephi and my goal is to hopefully be in Alma by the end of the week. I just gotta make that time to read!
0 Responses

    Followers