Thursday July 22nd

Wow, this week has kind of blown by. All of a sudden it's almost Friday and I'm preparing to re-open the firework stand tomorrow.

Today was pretty good. It was a really low-key day at work and I did some awesome stuff. I sampled some tri-tip sandwich meat, which was delicious! Then I sampled some new smoothie mixes. They have green tea in them so they have a little bit of a tea-ish taste to them. Not bad, but, not my favorite either. Then I planned a food employee party. You know how you always wish you had hundreds of dollars to spend on fireworks and wonder what you would get? Well, I have that chance! We decided that since we can legally light fireworks off until next Tuesday, that we would use the $345 we get for a department party to do a firework show. The food manager just gave me the money and said get what you want. AWESOME! I'll use about $300 for fireworks and the rest for drinks, marshmallows and maybe some other snack. I already have a good idea of some of the good stuff that will hopefully impress the always hard to impress citizens of Utah. To them, a fountain is a fountain no matter what different effects it has, so I'll get the most unique stuff we have for them. According to some employees who's father is a cop, they police don't really do anything about illegal fireworks unless they are the commercial show kind without a permit or if people complain, so I got my manager to approve bringing a couple bigger fireworks for a finale. I selected a few that we have multiples of from our trip to use. The rest are being saved for our return trip to Wyoming August 27th. Anyway, I planned out the party, made fliers and now I just wait and try to build anticipation to boost morale in the department until Tuesday.

After work, I finally did what everyone has been waiting for me to do. I went down to the State Liquor Store and picked up a bottle of Chardonnay (a white wine) for cooking. I promise I won't drink it, it'll be kept out of sight and only used for special occasions like my late birthday dinner this Sunday. Technically I'm breaking BYU off-campus policy having it, but I only got a $10 bottle so if someone rats me out someday I won't be too upset handing it over. I don't know what you all think, but I don't really think it's bad to cook with wine.

The last bit of exciting news today is that my storage shelf from wal-mart arrived. I couldn't help but laugh my head off when it took me less than 3 minutes to put it together and it was 100 times better than that gay bookcase that broke. I was especially pleased that it came so quick. I ordered it late Monday and 3 days later, here it is. The shipping was only $5 too, so that was a real bargain! My kitchen is now much more organized and I'm one happy fella.

All in all, today was a really great day! Lots of exciting things happening everywhere I went. I can only hope more days are like this!
0 Responses

    Followers