Monday July 26th

Today was a super easy day. This morning I returned the bookcase to Wal-Mart and picked up the drinks and food for tomorrow's employee party. Then it was off to work.

Work was a breeze. Soon as I got there we had a supervisor meeting. After that, the food manager went and bought us some chinese food. So I checked on my stands and then took a break and had chinese. By the time I finished, storm clouds were brewing. Not long later lightning was sighted and the park had to shut down all water attractions. The rule is we can't re-open them until 30 minutes after the last lightning strike is seen. We had strong winds, rain and lightning for a good hour or more. During that time, the food stands had a good little bit of business. Once the storm kept going, half the people in the park left. Finally the lightning moved on and we reopened. With one of our stands closed early during the storm and our staff reduced to minimum, the other supervisors and then the food manager all left. I, having the 1-9 as usual on Mondays, stayed to close. I had 6 employees in 3 stands (main grill stand, dippin dots and snow cone shack). It didn't take long for more people to leave with the evening being full of clouds, occasional light rain and cooler temperatures. By 8 when we closed, there were only a handful of people left and closing went quick. We were all out of there early and I was able to go to the bank ATM to deposit the paycheck I picked up today.

With tomorrow off, I can relax tonight and get some stuff done tomorrow until the food employee party at 9 pm.
0 Responses

    Followers