Sunday, August 1st

Happy Birthday Michael!

Today turned out to be one the best days in a long time. I got up this morning and read a bunch in Alma, then headed over to my interview with the bishop. The bishop is actually new, having been called as bishop barely a month ago, but he's been in the bishopric for a good 6 months to a year or so. Anyway, we talked about me and my family and my life and my job and all that so he could get to know me better and then we talked about a mission and what I've talked to the old bishop and the stake president about with that. Since he is new and has never done this before, he is going to find out this week everything he needs to know about mission papers and also service missions and then we'll go from there. I feel really good about it all and I look forward to meeting with him again soon.

After some good lessons and sacrament meeting, I went with my home teaching companion (who is from New Zealand and who is also a good friend that I sit with during church...ask Mike about him) and got all of our home teaching done for this month. With that having taken a good hour and 15 minutes and it being around 5:30, we were pretty hungry. So, since I made Phillip (that's his name, by the way) shrimp scampi with mike and annie last week, I went to his apartment two doors down for a chicken salad tonight. It was dang good. It was really great to have a huge heaping plate of iceberg lettuce, tomatoes, avocado and marinated cooked chicken topped with greek dressing. It was even better that I didn't have to do much of the cooking at all. After that amazing fast-breaking meal, we had a bunch of strawberries and other food the rest of the night while just hanging out, relaxing in front the tv. While I did not accomplish my goal today of finishing Alma (I'm 30 pages away), I did have a much needed break from life and work, and since I did read for hours this morning, I'm ok with finishing Alma tomorrow. My mind and body needed that reboot.

Anyway, this week is going to be a beast! I'm working Monday through Saturday, covering for 2 supervisors who will be gone for different parts of the week. If I work all the hours I'm supposed to, I'll have about 51 hours! Though I don't get overtime pay, combine that with what should be a 40 hour week next week and my next paycheck should be somewhere around $700. With the bank paid off, I'll eliminate the rest of my debt, pay my rent and, with what's still in my account now, have a good $500 or more in the bank. If you include the $1000 I should get from the firework tent and the rest that will accumulate from Seven Peaks and my bonus, I could have as much as $1500 to $2000 in my bank account in September.

PS- If you guys ever want to comment on my posts, all you have to do is click the title of the post, which will take you to a page that isolates that post and has a "Post a Comment" link at the bottom. Remember, you do not have to be a registered user to comment!
0 Responses

    Followers