Halloween

I gave advice before saying never watch a scary movie in bed alone at night. I would like to revise that counsel and also say that watching 4 scary movies in one day is never a good idea. Thankfully, none of these movies were excruciatingly scary, but I imagine I'll still have a fun time trying to sleep tonight, especially since two of those movies were specifically about things that only come out in the dark. All of the movies were pretty good and I was spooked quite well. Especially by the 4th movie, which was the creepiest (even though I have seen it at least once before).

In an effort to help myself get to sleep sooner, I will now stop talking and thinking about scary movies.

The sweet pork was amazing, as usual. This time we invited a couple guys from two doors down to have some. The reviews they gave were very positive. Philip, my former home teacher and current home teaching companion who is from New Zealand, wants me to write a recipe book so he and his family can buy them. Evan, his roommate who teaches tap dance (but not my class), said it was better than Cafe Rio. Not bad feedback at all.

Looking back I had a really amazing weekend. I realized this sometime this morning during sacrament meeting. I got up at 7:30 to start the sweet pork and as expected, I was fairly sore all over from all the standing, cheering, dancing, and 3 hours of flag football I played. Despite the stiffness and soreness, I was sitting there in church and just felt awesome. I was full of energy for life. In the past 2 years, possibly even in the past 21 years, I'm not sure I can name a time I've ever felt so alive. I don't know why I felt so great. This past week has been mediocre. Although I know I'm not alone, at times I felt alone. Only Mike, Annie and Philip (and a friend of his) came to my party. No one came to play flag football with us and we were lucky that the entire world (minus the people we invited) were out playing football that day and we could join some others. Someone (who none of you know) who told me they were my friend last week told me this week to never talk to them again (complicated story...ultimately doesn't matter). Despite that not really being a problem, it still kind of hurts when someone says don't talk to me ever again. My point is that this week had a good share of downers and very few make-me-feel-great moments. But I still had an amazing weekend. I played football with people I've never met and may never meet again and I had more physical energy than I've had in years. I ran and I was not weary. I put on a costume and went dancing with friends in the ward and received compliments from strangers. I went to a soccer game and joined hundreds of BYU fans in supporting my team. I had people bring candy to my apartment. I made sweet pork burritos and made 5 other people happy. Today I felt good. Deep down in my heart and soul good.

I have a busy week ahead, so rest is important. I have a tap test, 2 papers due, a grammar worksheet due, a license that needs renewing, doctors and dentists to call, class to attend, etc...etc...speaking of which, I just remembered I have 20 minutes left to send a paragraph to my teacher for extra credit! Thank goodness I remembered...gotta run!
0 Responses

    Followers