Shiver my timbers, shiver my soul...holy cow it's cold!

Brrrrrrrrrrr! I knew it was going to be cold but those first few really cold days every year sure get ya! Today was no different.

First though, it sounded like a hurricane blew through last night. I was awakened in the middle of the night to the sound of a torrential downpour of ginormous raindrops being battered in what was easily 50+ mph winds against my window. It was extremely loud. I looked outside and the trees were blowing like mad. I thought for sure I'd wake up to fallen tree branches, but I guess it didn't last too long and wasn't quite strong enough. Up north it was. They had all sorts of havoc, with full grown trees completely uprooted and power losses. It was a very intense storm.

The mountains are getting plenty of snow and we have a small chance of some snow tonight and tomorrow. It's likely that the precipitation won't come until the day, so it'll just rain. Tomorrow evening it may snow, but, anything we get won't likely stick. We aren't quiet there yet. This storm will pass and Friday it will be almost 60 degrees again. I can't wait.  My little body does not keep in heat well. I'm ready for winter, but keep in mind that Utah or not, winter does not officially start for a month or two. I would like to enjoy a nice autumn first.

Enough talk of weather. I know it fascinates me and I love following it, but I don't want to bore you all. Today I went to FHE and carved a pumpkin. My roommate carved a nice, simple, yet scary face on one side, and then since we finished first and had time to kill, I carved a very intricate map of the state of Utah. Ok, intricate may not be the word, but it's harder than you think to carve straight lines on a pumpkin, especially with a steak knife!

My costume is almost ready. I hope to have it all ready by Wednesday so I can debut it at my costume mocktail party on Thursday. I made a cool flyer to print out and distribute to friends and such for the event. My only real hope is that I'll have more than Mike and Annie show up. People don't know what they are missing when they don't come to my apartment. There is no better host in town, of that I can almost guarantee. Here's a look at my flyer. I created the entire thing from scratch, utilizing both paint.net and microsoft word. It actually turned out really cool.


Yay for halloween! I want to see costume pictures of everyone who reads my blog.


A friend on Facebook posted some youtube videos today. Usually I only watch funny videos people post, but these were Mormon Messages. I had just got in from work when I saw them, so I thought it would be relaxing to watch. The one I watched was a funny one, then I watched more. These two I found I decided were worth sharing on my blog. Enjoy.







0 Responses

    Followers