Conference Sunday

Well, conference has ended. But it was really good and certainly won't be forgotten.

Funny story:
Last night after priesthood session, I really wanted ice cream. I had brought my wallet along with me to the Marriott, but I did not want just a little cone. As it happened, Annie was in town visiting Rachel Price (who is apparently going to school at BYU), so they came over to my apartment. I had my heart set on BYU Sparkle sherbet and I wanted to get a big 3 gallon bucket of it. The only place to get that is at the Creamery on 9th, so Mike, Annie, Rachel and I loaded up the SUV and headed over. At the ice cream section, we were met with a little disappointment. There were no 3 gallon buckets. We asked a kind employee and she said they usually have to be special ordered unless they had that flavor in the back. We got lucky, because they had a nice big 3 gallon bucket of Sparkle Sherbet! We got luckier, because sherbet is $18.99 for 3 gallons and creamy ice cream flavors are $27.99 for 3 gallons. Most people buy the 2 quart sizes, with a few getting 5 quarts occasionally and people walking out with 3 gallons usually only for ward parties and other large events. But, I threw that big bucket up on my shoulder and we literally paraded around the store to the front, showing everyone how cool we are. After making our purchase, we went to the ice cream counter and bought some of their big homemade waffle cones (only 75 cents each). When we got home we invited some friends from my complex over, took pictures with the bucket and had a mini ice cream social. I expect I'll be having a few more ice cream socials in the next month.

This week is homecoming week for BYU. We're all praying for miracles. Other than that, not much is going on. Still hoping to have my mission papers started soon. For once I'm not the one holding things up!

I better go eat some ice cream. I've had 9 scoops already today and it doesn't look like I've made a dent in it yet.
0 Responses

    Followers