Friday and October

Today I just have a few funny things to tell you.

First, my sideburns really are an extremely identifiable mark on me. I found this picture on the student fan club's facebook page. It was taken last year during the all night celebration of our football victory over Oklahoma. Here's a Where's Waldo The Colonel for ya. See if you can find me.

If you didn't find me, here I am:

As you can see by the long brown line down the side of my head there, it is clearly me. Mike is standing next to me, if you didn't notice (look at the 1st picture, you'll never notice him in the inverted one...hehe).

Since we're looking at photos from then, here's another I found from the same night taken by some random person:
99% sure that's Mike on the right...Mary, Amelia, Annie and myself were at the car we came in grabbing blankets and such while he held our spot up front. Even if I couldn't recognize his face, this picture, taken by us, proves it:

Notice his arms doing the same motion...
Anyway, I've found other pictures of me before by noticing the sideburns. These days I keep them an inch higher than I used to, but still an inch lower than they are supposed to be.

Here's the real story that I wanted to share about sideburns. So the honor code says they aren't supposed to go past the ear lobe. Well, I always thought that wasn't fair because some people have very low hanging ears. No one believed that until at a women's soccer game Mike and I were at the other night, when this student in front of us had ears that were much lower down. A very smart man, he grew his sideburns out and they extended the EXACT same length as mine, except that his were technically legal, and mine aren't! SO LAME! I have small ears! It's such an unfair rule...not that it stops me from growing mine to what I consider a tasteful and reasonable length.

I think that's all the funny stories I have. Tonight we're going to a women's volleyball match against Utah. We'll keep up to date with that other game, what was it? Oh yeah, football...so easy to forget these days....anyway, we'll either stream that game live to my ipod or just stream the box score. We figure if we win, we'll watch the game when they repeat it on tv in a day or so and if we lose, who wants to watch anyway?

0 Responses

    Followers