Awesome Friday

I had some strange dreams last night and when I woke up, I felt really out of it. Kind of down and just not happy. I didn't want to have a bad Friday, so I had a good breakfast and headed out to work. When I arrived at work, everything was pretty much done for the day. I though, great, I'm going to have to drag everything I do out for an hour or more to make time pass. But, I was wrong. A few vehicles were canceled and a few more were scheduled and things shifted, so we had a little bit of work to do. I got to actually talk to the other guy that works at the same time as me for a bit too as we worked in the office for a bit. That alone made the day pretty good because usually work is us all working completely alone and only briefly talking to others about work. Today we talked about non work stuff. Then, we got paid to eat lunch too! One of the guys in the repair shop is going away somewhere, so the repair shop, service station and vehicle rental people all got invited for a hot dog bbq. So our boss sent me and the other guy working with me down there. We grabbed some dogs, chips, soda and tater salad and spent a good half hour eating and talking. It was pretty enjoyable. After that the other guy was off and I did a little paperwork and double checked vehicles that were going out for rental until I was off. In all, it was a good day at work that helped turn around the slow start to the day.

After work I kicked back to some psych on Netflix until Mike came over to get ready to head over to the basketball exhibition game. I went in my Cigar Guy costume. Here are some pictures. It's not too great because the lighting but they're the best I have for now.



Let me just say that my costume was a HIT! At the basketball game, during a time out, they show fans. Tonight, it being costume night, they started showing people in costume. We figured if anyone knew who I was, it would be the media people. They must have known, because they totally zoomed in on me and put it up on the big screen! To my delight, a good 1/3rd of the crowd knew what it was, because they laughed and pointed. After the game, I had people telling me they saw me on the screen and they loved the costume. Other people who did not know who I was asked me about it and I heard some of the people who didn't know get it explained to them by others. It was awesome! I definitely started some conversations!

After the blowout 101-55 victory over the Canadians, I headed with some people to the ward dance party. On the way several people laughed as they saw and understood my costume. At the party, more people commented on it. The actual ward party was in a small room and it was super hot, so we headed down to the ballroom where a huge freshman stake dance party was being held. It was put on by a freshman stake, but there were tons of people from our ward and other wards that went to it. It was pretty fun. Again I had people stop me and tell me they loved it. One guy said some people might not get it, but he did and he loved it. I was impressed with the number of people who understood it. And everyone who understood it loved it. What I really like is that a lot of people who didn't get it will soon, because either I or someone else explained it to them and told them to look up Cigar Guy. I'll try to upload a better picture of it later. The pictures I have are rudimentary at best. The hair looked better tonight and a better angle makes it look better. I think I got the look-alike factor spot on though. I love it! One of my best costumes ever. Tomorrow I'll wear it again if I go to anything. Hopefully the laughs will keep on coming.
0 Responses

    Followers