Just another Monday

I think when they named Monday, the person naming it said "mundane", but was misheard. Oh well.

Today wasn't too mundane though. We had cleaning checks, so I was up at 7:30 to clean. I cleaned for about an hour and a half, then showered and went to work. Work was way mellow. Very slow, very relaxed. Great weather. When I got back from work, things got interesting. I walked in the door to find out that the owner's son was moving into my apartment. (The owner has another son who has been living in this complex for a while already two doors down.) Like his brother, he gets his own room. This means that someone in my apartment has to move. To make it better, they said the person has to move within the next 2 days. That person will not be me. I have too much stuff to move and the option isn't even on the table for me to move rooms. What's annoying is that this was supposed to have been taken care of in summer. They told us then that the owner's sons would be moving into one apartment together. That would have moved a couple people out of one apartment and been no problem after that. That never happened and now, in the middle of mid-term week, they decide to change things up. Ultimately, I think the brothers may want to move in together, which will cause another shake up later, but hopefully I will be gone when that happens. Knowing that there was absolutely no way I would be moving, I decided to finally organize all the food I have acquired from who knows where. I moved the fridge and relocated a shelf to make things more efficient and I mentally inventoried and physically organized everything by the type of food. Canned goods here, boxed stove-top meals there...flour, sugar, etc...etc...I am very pleased with the outcome. I did throw out some old food that I had lots of newer stuff of, like flour, which I accumulated from Amelia. Now that I see exactly all that I have and it's all easier to access, I can really start using it. I plan on making bread and other baked goods more often.

I passed my cleaning check, by the way. Somehow, both of my roommates failed theirs. I disagreed with the cleaning check assessment, but, it is what it is.
0 Responses

    Followers