Friday and a Small Rant

I had a good Friday today. Work kept me busy. Lots of people renting vehicles for homecoming things like the parade. The weather was, of course, fabulous. High of 59 with it changing between clouds and sun. The mountains stayed in the clouds all day, but the valley opened up a couple times and the sunlight flooded in. This evening I went and hiked the Y with some friends from my freshman ward. I brought Mike along too so he could have some social interaction. It was the perfect weather for hiking. Cool, cloudy and the sun was low in the sky. On the way up we watched a marvelous sunset over Utah Lake. At the top we sat and enjoyed the scenery as dusk came upon us. Right as we left the lights on the Y for homecoming were lit. It was cool to be on the Y with lights around. Lots of people were looking at me, but didn't know it from so far away.

Tomorrow is the big day. Parade in the morning, big brunch planned at my place after. Then we'll hit up some tailgates, win some prizes, pray a lot and see if our team can pull off a win. I think we can if our defense can settle in and our receivers can make catches. I have hope.

My little rant I will keep brief. I could go on and on about it, but I just wanted to point out that this week I've given some thought to gays and their reaction to President Packer's talk and also to any notion presented by anyone that they can change. Now, I do not and probably can not understand how it feels to be gay, but I have noticed a truth. The gay community (and I mean the people who speak for the gay community, I understand there are probably many who do not share this sentiment and do want to change) is so caught up in trying to stand out and solidify their differences with society that they have completely lost all sense of truth concerning gay temptations. These so called leaders of gays spend so much time fighting society and bickering with non-supporters, I doubt any of them have ever really tried to overcome being gay. It's easy to give in to a problem when the solution is not easy and that's exactly what I think they have done. Because psychologists and other professionals were unprepared with research and studies on the matter, there was little they could do. So, rather than really fight the fight to overcome it and seek out help in every manner possible, they gave in. They dug a trench, made themselves seem alienated and abandoned by society and basically pissed and moaned about every little thing they could. And how dare they be so selfish that they neglect the negative effect they have on everyone. If you are gay, do not tell me you are cursed. Do not tell me you are just going to accept it. I expect you to make every effort to overcome those temptations, just like I make every effort to overcome the temptations for women. I have the utmost faith in you if you will really give it the time it needs. I'm sickened by those "leaders" who are blind to the true needs of those who want help. They have no authority and if they continue on the path they have chosen, they never will. I'm sorry for speaking so boldly, but I can not and will not sit idly by as these people cause a scourge among people I know and will possibly know in the future. My observation is not up for argument, but I welcome civil, honest and true discussion.
0 Responses

    Followers