Decent Monday Ends Big

Today was a typical Monday. At work I had some difficulties with one of our huge extended length trucks. Almost all of our vehicles were in the lot today so there were no parking spaces. I spent nearly 20 minutes trying to fit this big truck into a spot and almost took out a pole and a Camry trying to make the super tight turn. It just wasn't going to happen, so eventually I double parked the truck until a spot opened later. I do have a funny story. It involves the big truck actually. So, the big truck was scheduled to go to "West MT". West Montana. I figured probably Yellowstone or something. We usually spend a little more time on vehicles going out of state, so, it being a slow day and this one going out of state, I took my time. About 30 minutes later I was nearing completion, checking the tire pressure and wiper fluid and all that, when my boss comes out to give me instructions for while he is out at lunch. First thing he says is something like, "I wouldn't spend too much time on that one, it's just going to West Mountain." In my head I'm like "Whaaaaat? West Mountain?? It clearly said MT...with a capital 'T' and NO period after the 'T'. That means Montana!" It didn't really matter, but I was pretty sure MT meant Montana. I spent a good part of the day thinking about that. This evening, I finally looked it up and found out that I was correct! "MT" is Montana. The paper should have said "Mt." or even better, "Mtn". Anyway...I looked up where West Mountain is and found out that it is 30 minutes south of here, on the opposite side of the freeway from Payson. Go figure.

At some point in the past day or so I decided I wanted chicken tetrazzini. After work today, I looked up a recipe for tetrazzini from scratch. I biked to the store and picked up some chicken and a couple other ingredients. I watched s couple episodes of Psych and then Chef Jon headed to the kitchen. I have not prepared a meal so good in awhile. It took me 2 hours, several pots, pans, bowls, knives, spoons, forks, whisks and more, but in the end, I had an extremely good smelling apartment and when I pulled my food from the oven, it looked divine. It tasted amazing. There was wine in it, which added some flavor, but this tetrazzini was really, really good. Mike and I went two doors down to a friend's apartment and shared it with 2 other guys and we almost ate the entire pan. I really enjoyed making it and I especially enjoyed eating it. It is a recipe I will definitely print out and make again sometime. I was going to make buttermilk biscuits with it, but did not have time. We were in a hurry so we could get some studying in for our midterm. Real buttermilk biscuits are difficult to make anyway, so it's better that I save that for a different day.

That's about where my day ended. After eating we studied for an hour. Now I'm going to study for my written tap dance quiz then get some sleep. Super busy for the next few days. Still have the tap quiz, the music midterm, 2 peer reviews due tomorrow in writing, a final draft due Friday in writing, some small assignments plus I need to get a doctor's appointment scheduled, a dentist appointment scheduled and renew my license! I wish I had a car!
0 Responses

    Followers