Conference Saturday

Today was a marvelous day. I got started around 8:15 this morning. At 9 there was a documentary about the
Mormon Tabernacle Choir's tour from Cincinnati to Colorado. I had planned on just turning that on while I made some breakfast and surfed the net, but I ended up completely captivated by it and enjoyed it tons! It set a great tone for me before conference. Then, conference was amazing. Several of the talks had things that pertained to me and I gained a lot from them. In between the morning and afternoon session I learned a lesson. When you ride your bike to the grocery store, do not get anything more than is on your list, even if you need it. I had a partial list of things to get today and I went to grab them. At the store, I remembered some other things I needed and there were a couple great prices on fresh fruit and I ended up with much more than I could bike home, even with a backpack. I tried loading it all up, but when I hung the bags from the handle bars, they hung too low. I thought I could hold them away from the tire, but once I started going, they quickly bobbled to and fro and it was only seconds before the front tire ripped a bag open, spilling my canned tomaters. I shuffled my things, putting all the heavier things in my backpack (including a gallon of milk) and then proceeded to walk my bike home with bags still hanging from the handle bars. My other problem was that I went the opposite way than home is, hoping to bypass traffic. On a bike that would not have been a problem, walking, however, it added as much as 15 minutes to my walk. After pushing my bike for blocks, a thought popped into my head. If you tie the bags up in a double knot, you can slide the gap under the knot on the handle bar and it will be high enough to not hit the tires. And so I did, and I was able to ride my bike the rest of the way home safely. Thank goodness! Unfortunately, it took me so long to get back that I did not get to make the donuts I wanted to make during the break.

Priesthood session was really really good as well and I'm sure I'll be going back to listen to talks from it again. I'm looking forward to tomorrow's sessions!

I did want to clarify one thing. In priesthood session, President Uchtdorf spoke on pride. My thoughts turned briefly to my summer story. I do not want anyone to think that I wrote all those things to say that I'm so amazing or that I'm better than anyone. I wrote those things because I am so grateful for my summer. I am grateful for the inspiration I found and for the changes I made with the help of my Father in Heaven and I wanted to share that joy with each of you.

I'll leave you all with a quote I saw on a wall:

"We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience."

0 Responses

    Followers