Midweek Madness

I woke up today knowing I had lots to do. I am about to go to bed tonight knowing I should have done a lot more than I did.

What I got done: Chose a speech for my 5 page rhetorical analysis due tomorrow at 6:25 pm. Got what I am 90% sure is a 100% on the in-class music ID exam in music 201. Figured out how I'm going to manage class, work, getting a haircut for my license picture, getting a driver's license, working on my paper and picking up my last paycheck from Seven Peaks (which also will serve as proof of address for my license) tomorrow.

What I did not get done: Actually work on my paper. Study for my big Music 201 midterm (which I'll take Monday or Tuesday rather than Thursday, Friday or Saturday).

I guess when I look at it, the only thing I should have done but did not was work on that paper. I have possibly an hour or so tomorrow, plus most of class to get a draft done. I think I'll be ok.

I did get to watch the the last miner get pulled from the mine and then later I turned it on to watch the last rescuer come up as well. With the last rescuer up, there are no more humans down in the mine in Chile. Despite watching about a dozen of the miners get rescued, it never got boring. The endless talking of CNN and FoxNews, which were the stations streaming the whole thing live for the past day or so, did get annoying, but, that's the media. This is definitely one of those events I won't forget. I remember when I first heard about the collapse. I did not think much of it. I did not follow the story too intensely, but I read the news. I heard they found the men trapped. I heard they had a way to send them food. I heard all the equipment they sent down and all that and I heard they would be rescued sometime around Christmas. Then recently I heard they expected to break through to the miners sooner. Next thing I knew, last Saturday, the hole had reached them and they would be pulling them up through the Pheonix tube thing Tuesday at midnight. Between Saturday and Tuesday I read up on exactly what had been going on and how the rescue would work. Then yesterday evening I tuned in to see how the rescue would go. Despite everyone saying different things, the rescue began and one by one, they pulled the miners out. It was pretty amazing.

I'm pretty pooped. My stress levels are up and I have to keep my energy to get through the extremely busy day I'll have tomorrow. Here's how it's going to go. I'm going to get up around 6:30 so I can beat my roommates to the shower so I can shave in the morning. At 8 I have tap dance. Immediately following class, I have to electronically fill out a driver's license application and print it out. I also have to print out proof of Utah residency. Since none of the traditional options will work (rental agreement was online so there's no copy, bank statements are online, utilities aren't billed to us...), I'm printing my information page on BYU's website which lists my address. Anyway, after printing out the application, I have to mail something at the post office and talk to the Academic Support Office because there is a hold on my account still that should have been removed and they keep emailing me about having to meet with someone by next week. After that I'll head to work. Promptly at 2 I'll stop at Seven Peaks to pick up my final paycheck, the stub of which has my address listed, which is also part of my proof of residency. From there, I will head all the way to the driver's license building and pray that the wait is less than an hour. With my application and proofs in hand (passport, SS card, check stub, old license and BYU info page), I hope to have no problem getting my new license. I realized I really need a license immediately since it is required for work. I can't afford to lose my job or have to stop working even for a couple days. After hopefully getting my license taken care of, depending on the time, I'll either head to campus for class or home to work on the paper. Writing gods being willing, I'll get that draft cranked out. After class, I'm just going to go home and relax for the evening. I need it.

So, go ahead. Tell me how easy my life is. I have to add lots of commentary to make my day seem long compared to the legitimately long and arduous days everyone else is telling me about. But, for me, it's tough enough. My brain is not quite up to the level of everyone else.
0 Responses

    Followers