September 30th

30 days hath September,
And some others if you remember.
The rest get that extra day,
except February, which is always really gay.

If you can believe it, I totally just made that poem up off the top of my head. Hehehe...anyway, time goes by so quickly. It seems like yesterday that I was still at Seven Peaks. Now I wake up and think, wow, I have school, homework, a different job...it's crazy! The changes in the way I feel still blow me away as well. Unlike that one guy, what's his name? Oh...that's right...Obama...well, unlike him, I feel real hope and have experienced real change and have taken responsibility for my life and I feel great. I'm not saying I'm the happiest person alive. I still have my sorrows and I still have TONS I want, and in some cases, need, to improve, but overall, I am doing well.

A brief experience I would like to share. Today in writing, my group-mate (is that what you call them?...it is now) was helping organize our group assignment. She was just going through the stuff at my desk and then she looked at me and asked "How are you doing?" Now, I get asked that several times a day, and most of the people, my boss in particular, kind of just ask as a formality, kind of like a "Hey, how's it going?", informal thing. At the time this girl asked me, it kind of caught me off guard and I gave a typical, "I'm surviving" response. But, later, it really kind of hit me as I thought about it how much I really appreciated her asking how I was. She didn't ask it in some super sincere way. As a matter of fact, I'm not even sure what way she meant it, but, to me, it was asked in a simple but genuine way and it really made me appreciative and got me thinking about how I really was. So, I'm sure you have heard people talk about this before, but, if you can, when you see someone you know, if you're going to ask them how they are, be genuine. If you really don't care how they are, just say hello. I'm glad I am around a few people that are genuine. I go through every day telling the same people the same thing and on rough days, it just makes me feel worse. You never know what kind of day people are having or what kind of trials they are going through in life, so be positive and you'll make more of a difference than you know. I'm going to work on that.

Happy October everyone.
0 Responses

    Followers