Friday the 13th!!!!

Ok, let me just say, watching a scary movie while you're living alone is not the best idea. I have even seen the movie I watched before and I watched it during the evening before the sun set. I still just about peed myself twice. The movie is "When a Stranger Calls". That movie, if you haven't seen it, is one that really scares you because it isn't a slasher, gory, non-realistic movie. It's as real as they come. Here's the synopsis: "During an otherwise routine babysitting gig, a high-school student is harassed by an increasingly threatening prank caller." Yeah...a girl alone being stalked. So, when you watch this one alone it scares you even more. It usually takes me a day or two to get over watching this one. I'm writing this from next to my subwoofer and the air blew at me and made me jump. I keep looking over my back. I had to turn on all the lights and open the front door. Funny thing is, before I even turned the movie on I knew I would regret it big time. I was so right. I'm paranoid now! I purposefully watched it during the evening when the sun was up so that 1) I wouldn't pee myself and 2) I could watch some comedy movies after. I guess I had a good Friday the 13th experience now.

Speaking of Friday the 13th experiences, there were a few at work. First, I kept bumping my elbows and knees and arms and legs and hands and fingers and entire body into objects that haven't moved all year. One kind of eerie thing did happen too. They announce on the radios we use the hourly gate count so we know how many people to expect. Well, today during one hour there were 666 people that entered in an hour. I was like...really? On Friday the 13th of all days? If I was giving the gate count, I would have added a person or two. Anyway, on my home from work I was standing up on my bike and changed gears, which isn't a good idea, but, I wasn't thinking and the gear shifting jolted the bike a bit and my foot that was on the peddle went down and my knee just slammed into not just the rock hard frame, but there happened to be a little bolt or something that would hurt more if you were to hit it...and of course I did. My knee is currently swollen quite a bit, right above the left knee cap, on the inner side. Quite painful.

In other news, all of my roommates are out and I am alone until the 25th. It's kind of exciting, but kind of lonesome too. I'll be working most of the time, but I will be home every night which could get boring. I was sitting on my couch last night when I realized I'm alone, so I thought, what do bachelors do when they're living alone? Five minutes later I ordered a Papa Johns special. Extra Large 3 topping pizza for only $12.00! I even paid a buck twenty-five (the store is 2 blocks away) to have it delivered and gave a $2 tip. I felt like the typical man. Thankfully, I'm not the typical man, so I'll be making my own pizza next time.

Only one more week of full days at work! Starting the 23rd we go to half days. Based on my interview with my bishop Sunday, I'll determine whether to look for a full time job or part time job or whatever for when this one ends. I'm pretty excited to be done with Seven Peaks. It has been a great job, but I'm ready for something else now. Wow, this post has gone on pretty long today. Lots to talk about...it also helps that I'm trying to calm down from that scary movie before I watch something else. Anywho, I'll leave it at that for today. Bon voyage!
0 Responses

    Followers