Catching Up Again-Thursday and Friday

Sorry I haven't been keeping up too well with this blog this week! I have some things for today's post.

First, I forgot to mention my meeting with an academic support adviser on Tuesday. All I needed was to meet with an adviser to turn in my academic plan thing. By what is obviously more than a coincidence, I was scheduled with a different adviser who usually deals with students who do seriously poor in their courses. I say it's more than a coincidence because she figured that since I was scheduled with her, I might as well get the full experience. She told me what 3 classes to repeat (Music 201, Writing 150 and Tap Dance) so that my GPA would be back up. I need to repeat those 3 because this is my last chance to retake them before new policies come into effect next year that would average my grade for retaking with my original failing grade. Then she gave me tons of advice on studying habits and methods and reviewing methods. She wrote down things for me and I got a copy of some to do lists and schedules to help me plan things out. I went in to just get the registration block removed. I came out feeling more positive about and prepared for college than I have ever felt.

The past two days, not too much has gone on. Yesterday, Thursday, was a boring day. I went into work at 10 to clean up from the ginormous NuSkin exclusive the night before. I spent several hours scrubbing and wiping and mopping and got things ridiculously clean. So clean, in fact, that several people from other departments who were around commented on how clean it was. It was essentially the cleanest it has ever been. I didn't do it all, but because the people who helped all had to leave for several hours, I did get a lot of the cleaning done myself. After that I supervised another small exclusive that was super slow. In 4 days of work I had 41 hours. Now I get to just sit back for a couple days because due to weather, I postponed the fireworks trip to Wyoming. I think we're going to just do a day trip when we reschedule. We'll go up some Saturday and spend the afternoon playing frisbee or something, then we'll do fireworks that night and come home really late. We'll see though.

Today was a nice day. Mike and Annie came down and we moved Mike's stuff to his apartment. Once he moved his stuff, I realized exactly how much stuff Amelia left behind. WHAT THE HECK AMELIA!!!! I have like 50 boxes of your stuff!!! I have nowhere to store anything of my own because every spot is already taken. Anyway...we moved Mike's stuff, went to Wal-Mart and then decided to go chill at Seven Peaks at get some Vitamin D. We hung out there for almost two hours then headed home (there were only a handful of people at Seven Peaks today). Mike and I went to a BYU women's soccer game that we won 5-1 and Annie headed back up to Salt Lake. By the way, if anyone wants to win lots of money, bet against Grandma. She doesn't think I'll go on a mission. I don't think she expects anything from me ever. According to her, I haven't done anything for the past year or two. While there probably is a little truth to that last year, this year I have accomplished so many things. I have a list I'm putting together of everything I've accomplished just this summer alone. I'll put that out soon. Tomorrow I'm going to make $100 from selling some books and our check from Phantom arrived at the Salt Lake warehouse today and they sent it to here. It should arrive tomorrow or Monday, depending on if they got it processed before it was too late today or not. The total is $2309, which means Mike and I will each get $1000!!! That will be my tuition money. By my calculations, I have $700 in the bank now, $1000 coming tomorrow or Monday, and then another $600 in my paycheck next Friday. That's $2300. What now Grandma! I'm actively seeking a job for when Seven Peaks ends so I should be in good shape with housing and all that. I'm meeting with the bishop again Sunday (we finally go back to 9:00 church this week!!!) and my mission papers should be started.

That's all the news I have for now. Things are going well as you can see.
0 Responses

    Followers