Wednesday August 4th

Remember how busy I said it was at Seven Peaks yesterday? Well, we were even busier today. It was so jam packed at the food stands I can not even describe it. Trying to take food to other stands you had to weave in and out of 4 or 5 different lines. It was absolute insanity! We had a few more employees to help today and even pulled some managers from different areas to help on the grills. All in all, I'm very proud of how my employees handled it. We had thousands more people from Intermountain Health there along with a couple hundred BYU Sports and BYU Dance camps who also had meal vouchers this week. The weather kept us busy through the end of the day. We had lightning a couple times and when that happens they have to close the attractions until 30 minutes after the last lightning strike. During that time, food stands generally get longer. As if that was possible today. Anyway, storms came and went today until about 5 pm when some storms rolled in and lingered, eventually causing the park to close at around 6:15-6:30ish. With a couple of 5 minute downpours, everyone who hadn't eaten had left the park. Most of who remained were BYU people and IHC people waiting for food. Once they were helped, the park closed due to weather so we didn't have to worry about any more lines. I still managed to get most of my hours today. With what seemed like hundreds of chip boxes (we ran completely out of chips for a bit today and had to make a run to Costco to buy 600 to keep us afloat), burger boxes, fry boxes, condiment packet boxes and all sorts of other boxes and messes around, we had a good hour and a half of cleaning to do. After that, I stayed for a half hour more to finish up and get paperwork done. I left 1 hour short of my schedule, so I'm still going to hopefully have a big paycheck.

After work, I went home and just chillaxed. Watched a movie with Mike, ate some candy, made a smoothie, talked to a friend who got back today from his mission. The rest of the week will be pretty busy at work and I'm ready for it. There are lots of exclusives going on and plenty of groups to go before the end of the season.

I work the afternoon shift tomorrow, so I'll get a lot of reading done in the morning. Hopefully get done with 3rd Nephi by tomorrow. Getting really close to finishing!
0 Responses

    Followers