Thursday the 5th and Friday the 6th

Whew...the past two days have been pretty busy. Thursday I was working until late and then had to get to bed quick because I had to be at Seven Peaks at 7:15 this morning to help with employee olympics.

I'll recap Thursday first. Thursday was a super slow day for Seven Peaks. The park was closing at 3:30 for an exclusive event, so not many people planned one coming. Add to that some morning thunderstorms and rain and there were only 300 people that came to swim until the exclusive began. The exclusive was a pretty cool thing. There is a very popular and respected orthodontist in this area that has 3 brothers who are also well respected and popular orthodontists. They do yearly parties and this year they rented out Seven Peaks for it. Between the 4 dentist and 1 other dentist with a different last name (but might be related still), they had 4,000 people come to Seven Peaks. From what I hear, they invited all of their patients and the patients' immediate family. That's about 800 people per dentist office. I was impressed that so many people were there. Several of my employees attended because they too go to one of the family orthodontists.

Today was a good day. It started off with the Seven Peaks Employee Olympics. I didn't really want to compete, so I helped a bit with setting up and judging. It was a lot of fun to watch people doing the different events (stuff like a tube carry, dippin' dots eating contest and other fun water-park things). We also got free breakfast and a t-shirt we were allowed to wear today. After the olympics ended at 11 am, I sat out in the sun with my shirt off to get some Vitamin D and some tanning. I pulled out my Book of Mormon and finished up Mormon. I'm now 50 pages from finishing, with only Ether and Moroni to go. I expect I'll finish Sunday morning. After that I put my swim suit on and soaked under the hot showers there and then went to work. The park closed to the public at 7:30 for a short exclusive with a company called Klune Industries. Dad may have heard of them. They are an aerospace company that do contract work for the government. Anyway, they were a smaller group of around 400, so it wasn't too bad. We finished that up at 9:00 and got ready for the pool party (basically a big high school dance party). Once that was under control, I left around 10:06. In all, I spent 15 hours at Seven Peaks today. Just over 9 of those I was paid for. As of now, I have close to 48 hours. Tomorrow I'm going in at 6 am (paid this time) to help cook food for a charity lifeguard competition. If I get the 11 hours I'm scheduled for tomorrow, I will end this week with 59 hours! Next week I'm working every day as well, so my next paycheck will easily have 100+ hours on it! That'll net me about $850. So, things are going pretty well! I got a paycheck today for $534. I'll finish off my debts I think and then be seeing pure profit for once in my bank account.

Well, it's 11 pm and I have to be at work in 7 hours, so I should go get some shut eye. I'm going to re-design my blog soon and see if I can get comments to work. I'll play around with a few templates and see how they look.
0 Responses

    Followers