Saturday the 14th

Today I have an interesting story to tell. I'll get to that in a bit. But first, as the big picture to the left shows, I got a haircut today! I decided to swing by the BYU Barbershop before work. I'm pleased with the result. I usually don't style it, so it will look a little different than the picture. (The picture was taken minutes ago from my webcam.)

Anyway, work was good. It was a little busy but we all worked through it and had a fun Saturday. My story begins when work ends. As I sent my employees home for the night, I realized that my decision to take the bus today was a bad idea because buses don't run past 6 or 7 on Saturday nights. I walked to get my hair cut and took a bus from campus to work because my knee (the one I banged up yesterday) wasn't really up for riding a bike again yet. A quick note on that, the tip of the bone is bruised a bit so while I can walk fine, kneeling or putting any more strain on it than walking hurts a lot. Anyway, so I took a bus to work today and then realized later there was no bus home when I got off. It being an absolutely beautiful night, I had no problem walking. Now, when I walk places, it gives me time to think. Sometimes I think about important things, sometimes I just let my mind wander. Today, I began to let my mind wander. As I approached a tree that hangs over the sidewalk, I heard a light rustling of the leaves. My mind being in wander mode, as I walked under the rustling branches, I wondered what would happen if a ginormous snake tried to swallow me as it swung down from the tree. I came to the conclusion that I would manage to escape the snake. Having quite the tale to tell, that would probably land me on some tv shows. I wouldn't really care to be on any show except for The Tonight Show with Jay Leno. But, I wouldn't want to just recite my story. I would want to be asked questions about myself too. In my head I continued to entertain the thought of being interviewed by Jay Leno. I figured the most interesting thing about me to him would be that I'm Mormon. I continued to think about the questions I would be asked and somehow that led me to being asked about immigration. I think that illegal immigration is just that. Illegal. A process has been drawn up through which people can become legal citizens. Regardless of what "experts" say, illegal immigrants, even if they are productive and good, burden our governments. My mind kept linking that to other things and somehow that got me to relating it to marriage. It's something that has been established and you don't just want to alter that suddenly. Though, in this day and age, people want to alter marriage as well. Marriage is something that can only be between man and a woman. Despite this having been established for centuries, people have become confused and want to alter that. All these things I was thinking about, I realized that all they do is bring about confusion. The only thing they accomplish is tearing down the unity of people. This entire nation could be torn apart by the differing views, which come from Satan, on things like illegal immigration and gay marriage. Even if you don't believe in God, you can easily see how evil has penetrated the roots of society. After thinking all these things, I have to believe that those things are there for one purpose, to break apart the unity of countries, churches and even friendships and families. I know it's totally weird that walking under a tree could lead me to this, but, it did and I have no doubt that that's exactly what is happening, especially because I just finished reading in the Book of Mormon about what happened to the Nephites and Lamenites who were constantly destroyed for allowing similar things to permeate their societies.

Well, that's my story. I hope it made sense. Hopefully the comments are working now, because I'm sure anyone who reads this will have some comment to make. For the record, you don't need to comment that I'm weird. I already know that!

Tomorrow I meet with my bishop and will hopefully come away with a decision on what's going on this fall for me. Hope you all have a good weekend! Summer is almost over.
0 Responses

    Followers