8-9-10

As you may have noticed, today is 8-9-10. I thought that was pretty cool.

Anyway, today was a normal day. Very few people at Seven Peaks, so not much went on there. Annie stayed over last night so she and Mike packed up all his stuff and moved it to a friends house to store. They did that while I worked and then after work we all went to Wal-Mart. All the things I needed (bike reflectors, a bike light and a helmet) they were out of. Well, they had a helmet but I haven't decided which style is safest, so I didn't get one yet. I'm just going to go to the bike shop and get all the things I need later this week.

I did make one purchase today. It was not an essential purchase and to be honest, it was a little bit frivolous. I bought some speakers. The speakers I used to have, the ones the dog chewed, finally died awhile back. When I got those I sold the other ones I had because I needed the cash more than 2 pairs of speakers. Since the ones died, I've just been using my tv for music and movie sound. But, my tv speakers are kind of lame, so, since I'm working 105 hours in a paycheck and have not bought myself hardly anything this year, I decided this would be my little splurge. I promise it won't happen anymore. I'm doing fine with my old clothes and my old shoes. I did tell Mike though to look for a suit for me in Korea. If he can find a cheap one ($50 or less) I'll get one. I also told him if he finds some good, cheap (under $20) shoes (which apparently they have good shoes sometimes for dirt cheap), I'll get some too. Ultimately I do not expect to get much from Korea, but, if a super cheap thing comes along that I need, I'll probably have him get it for me since it's WAY cheaper than here.

Besides work, I don't have much planned for the next two weeks. I'm working every day this week and also every day next week. I just want to rack up hours and increase my bank account. The next day off I have planned is August 27th and 28th, when we are hopefully going to Wyoming.

I found a Muppet video I wanted to share. I thought it was hilarious:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvDvTnTGjgQ

0 Responses

    Followers