Tuesday August 3rd

Today was just an insane day. We had close to 3000 people in the park from one group in addition to regular patrons. All 3000 had a meal voucher. Basically, between noon and 8 pm when we closed, we had huge lines. At the busiest point, at both of our stands, we had as many as 200 people waiting to get their food. It was just madness. We did all we could to keep customers happy and move the lines quick, but there were still a couple people who complained. The same company (Intermountain Health Care) is supposed to bring 3000 more people tomorrow for the same deal. We're trying to bring in 8 extra employees to help deal with the masses. We also had to make 2 emergency food orders because even though we got an order in today, we were wiped clean of hamburgers, hamburger buns and a whole bunch of other stuff. Due to the lines and the need to order more food and try to schedule more people, I stayed 3 hours after my shift had ended. In two days I'm already at 19.5 hours this week. Tomorrow, I have a 12 hours shift and Saturday I am coming in 3 hours early for an event. By Saturday night, I should have around 59-60 hours this week! Ka-ching!

I finished up Helaman and I'll try to get some reading in before or after work these next few days. Should still be easily done with the entire Book of Mormon on Sunday.
0 Responses

    Followers