Monday August 2nd

I bought my sports pass today. I should be able to use it quite a bit before I get called on a mission. Then if I leave, I'll sell it or give it away. Speaking of sports, pretty much every important person involved with BYU Athletics is at Seven Peaks tonight. The owner of Seven Peaks wanted Legacy status as a donor, which costs thousands of dollars. To get that, he invited the BYU football team and coaches and practically everyone involved with BYU athletics to an exclusive night. So, rather than pay cash, he does a big event like that as his donation. I saw coach Bronco Mendenhall there with his kids and lots of people who I'm sure were important but I had no clue who they were. It was pretty neat.

Today I finished up Alma and am moving into Helaman. My goal is to finish Helaman up tonight or tomorrow, depending on my level of tiredness, and then I think I can be completely finished with the Book of Mormon by Sunday. At that point, I'll probably read through and study Preach My Gospel.

It being August, things will start to get fun again. The big Cougar Kickoff where you get to meet all the fall sports teams and enter for prizes and get free stuff is coming up in about 2 weeks and from there Women's Soccer begins some pre-season and then we dive right into lots of sporting events and other fun stuff. Should be exciting.
0 Responses

    Followers