Sunday August 8th

Well, I did it. This morning I successfully finished reading the Book of Mormon, cover to cover. I have to say that the replica version made it easier to read and follow, but it was my true desire to read it that helped me read it so intently. I recommend the replica version to anyone who wants to re-read the Book of Mormon cover to cover. The new version, with all the verses and such, is irreplaceable for studying, but the replica version is really great, even with all it's typos and 1800s-looking page mis-alignments and such. Not to mention it looks cool.

Now that I've read the Book of Mormon, I think I'm going to read the Doctrine and Covenants and brush up on my church history. I'll also study preach my gospel and the other standard works.

Today turned out to be a great day. It started with finishing the Book of Mormon, then church was great as well. The lessons were good and the talks in sacrament meeting were also very good. Mike and I were asked to bless the sacrament, and that was really good too. At the end of the day, having been just home taught as well, my joy is almost full. I say almost because I haven't had a super good meal yet. Once I have that, then I think my joy will be full.

I have another meeting scheduled for next Sunday with the bishop. I need to renew my temple recommend and also decide what is going to happen with a mission. My goal is to have the next step in life planned out more by the end of next Sunday. Whether that be school this fall, a service mission, a proselyting mission, a ward mission, or whatever.
0 Responses

    Followers