September 1st

Me with Mike and Chris' cut of the fireworks $$$
I know I said today was going to be a really busy day, but, I lied. Well, I didn't lie. It was going to be a busy day, but I changed my plans. I still went to class at 11, watched the news conference at 12, but I skipped my wells fargo checking account opening. I decided that I would think about it a little more. If I'm going to be leaving soon and plan on having enough money in my US Bank account to not have to worry about stupid fees, why not just keep that account? I'll debate it a bit more, but it seems like more of a hassle than anything to open a new account and switch over, just to use it for a few months. I went to the doctor at 2:40 and had a good check up. I am in good health. We talked about things and I told him about over exerting myself and what happens then. We talked about what I've done to improve my health and what has worked and what hasn't. He recommended some vitamins to take and he told me I should definitely be working out and keeping in shape, eating 3 healthy meals and went into detail about sleeping. Ultimately, I need to be on the routine I was on in the spring term. That's when I felt my best. I was up at 7 every morning, went to jazz dance, then went to work. I ate 3 meals, slept normal and I felt amazing. Since then, sleep has been more irregular, exercise less frequent, meals more combined and missed and I have not felt my best at all. Some days I'm more tired than others. So, I will establish a routine here and get back to feeling good soon. As far as a mission goes, the doctor said I would be fine to serve in any developed country. He wouldn't want me going somewhere like Africa where I wouldn't get to eat right and such. He stressed how important the things we talked about were and, having experienced the difference when I don't do those things, I know it is important. While there I got my ear clog removed. It was a big, nasty glob of earwax. It was about the size of your pinky toe-nail. Gross and cool at the same time. Mom will think it's just gross. I was impressed by it. I was more impressed though at the ability to hear fully out of my ear again. I have acute hearing (and acute face), so it was nice to have that back. The new freedom made my other ear feel clogged I could hear so well. I did leave with one prescription. I had a cold sore last week that has scabbed over and is finishing healing now and he gave me a pill that can knock cold sores out quick for most people. He said as long as I start taking it as soon as I feel it coming on, it should be effective. I'm stoked to try it, though I hope I don't have to for awhile. It's a 3 times a day pill and you take it for 5 days. I got the first dose today and I'll hold onto it until I need it. Then I have 5 refills so I can always keep it on hand for that day when my right upper lip (cuz that's where it ALWAYS happens) starts to get that all too familiar and depressing tingling feeling.

After the doctor's office I went to swim at Seven Peaks with Mary. We had a great time. There were absolutely no lines at all. We went to the slides we wanted and went right down. There were barely a handful of people there. From there we went and got some Cracker Barrel. 10 oz. Rib Eye Steak for me, Fried Apples and Herbed Chicken for her. Both were fantastic. My medium rare steak, dry aged for 28 days, had a beautiful line of pink in the middle and melted in your mouth, as it should. Phenomenal. We had to wait a bit before going to work out so we stopped in at Wal Mart to get some things for Mary. I got a $6 lamp for my living room. Then we worked out and headed home. It was a very fun day hanging out with Mary and getting important things done. Now I gotta run to bed so I can be tap dancing in 9 hours. 
0 Responses

    Followers