Sunday, Monday, Tuesday

Oh look, I have a blog!

Apologies again for my slacking. I seem to be forgetting more often. It's probably because I go to bed earlier so I'm not updating it late at night like I used to. I'll have to remember to put it in my schedule of daily duties.

You haven't really missed out on much though. Sunday was a good day, as usual. Church was good. Had a lesson on missionary work that was inspiring and then had a lesson on home teaching. Didn't feel like that one was geared towards me as much because my companion and I have been tops on home teaching. I still learned a lot though that I can and will apply. Annie and Mike came over for some lasagna Sunday evening. The lasagna was absolutely delicious. I was very pleased with my creation!

Monday was Labor Day and we had the absolute most BEAUTIFUL weather. The high did not get too much into the mid-70s and the morning was so refreshing somewhere in the 40s. I worked, but I gave all my day passes to Mary, her roommates and her sister and brother-in-law, so I took a big break to swim with them. We all had a good time. Mike came and swam for a bit too, but he left before I swam. Labor Day evening Mike and I watched the Boise State football game.

Today was a standard Tuesday. I went to tap this morning and had a good time tap dancing. Then I went to the bookstore to pick up a gospel art book (which is only $3.50 and I recommend it). I'm using it to get pictures for my walls. It's a lot cheaper to cut them from the book than buy them individually. If you guys ever need church pictures, get the gospel art book. From 9-5 I had nothing to do but a little homework, so, for the first time in years, I did some real homework! I just had a half to full page easy response/opinion paper to do and then a little light reading. No problem. I also took a very relaxing half hour nap before going to my writing class. That went well and then I came home. I watched America's Got Talent, saw some truly phenomenal stuff and now it's about time for me to wind down and either watch a movie or go to sleep. Since my nap was later in the day and I have no early classes, I'll likely watch something. Tomorrow Mary is coming over at noon to move her stuff out. It will be good to free up some space. I've kind of let things get messy and I've used the storage stuff as an excuse. So, once her stuff is gone, I'll move Amelia's stuff out of the way completely and clean up my room. Then I can get more organized and not have important papers mixed in with laundry and things like that. There are still only 3 people in my apartment. My roommate has yet to show up. Honestly, I will not mind if he never moves in. I enjoy the space and I enjoy not having to be quiet if I have a roommate that goes to bed at 8, or have to sleep with the light on because I have a rude roommate who stays up late doing nothing. Either way, whether he comes or not, I'll survive just fine. I figured today would be move in day since some people don't come back until Labor Day. We'll see what happens though.

Food service work at Seven Peaks is over! All that is left is closing down the stands. We have to super clean everything and get it checked off by the general management. That should be fun. I don't work again till Thursday, so I'm hoping the worst of it is done by then. I'm actively seeking new work and have applied at a few places. I keep checking every day for new postings. Hopefully something comes along soon! By my calculations, I have rent money to last until November, but I need to buy food as well as save up money, so I need work. Keep on praying!

That's all I have today. Hopefully some exciting things will happen that I can share this week. I will probably go on about the weather again since it is supposed to be very nice and chilly on Thursday! Winter is coming and I can't wait!!
0 Responses

    Followers