Great Day

I expected today to be a decent day. It turned out to be a great day and it's not over yet.

I started out with breakfast. I don't usually make much for breakfast, but today I made myself two nice, big pancakes. That alone made my morning better than usual. With a full stomach, I headed to work and just got in the zone. I turned music on my ipod and prepared cars. In 4 hours I did 9 vehicles today. The cars we have are: Toyota Prius (which are actually much cooler than I ever give them credit for), Chevy Malibu (which are so zippy!), Toyota Camry, Toyota Sienna, and the GMC Savana (the beast of all beasts: the 12 passenger van). We also have some pickup trucks, a cargo truck (like a moving truck) and a big rig, which I hopefully will never have to deal with. Anyway, work went great and then I came home for a little rest. At 5 I went to a performance of Aclestis with my writing class. It wasn't too bad, but it seemed to drag on and on for what happened in the play. Now I have a few minutes break before I head off to dinner at Texas Roadhouse. I received an email about a job I applied for awhile back. I'm hoping to either replace or supplement the vehicle rental job. This one is a food service job, so, it's more appealing to me. We'll see if my schedule works with theirs and what they can offer me. It's a campus job too.

Looking back at what I've written, today doesn't seem to be so amazing. I guess it's all in the mood of the day and attitude of me. I've been in a great mood and get this, I've been smiling a lot today. So, for me, as mundane as some of the things I've done are, I had a great day.
0 Responses

    Followers