Regional Conference

Today we had regional conference. There are two things that can pack the Marriott Center to capacity. One is a nationally ranked basketball team playing against Utah. The other is a conference featuring two of the twelve apostles. Having been to both events, I have to say that there were lots more empty seats at the basketball game.

Regional conference was really good. Steven E. Snow, from the Presidency of the Seventy, conducted and spoke. Julie B. Beck, Relief Society President spoke. Jeffrey R. Holland from the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles spoke. Then President Boyd K. Packer spoke. So, obviously it was really, really good.

Just a few notes before I move into my summer story. My new job starts tomorrow. I'll get officially hired and begin work. This week we are finishing up at Seven Peaks as well. I'll work a few hours each evening helping clean and close down all the stands. School continues to go well. BYU Football continues to struggle. Average everything together and life is about an 8 or 9 out of 10. Now onto the story.

Chapter 2: Back to School

School had been a nagging thought in my mind for some time. Part of me wanted to go back to school, part of me did not. I had taken some of the steps to return in previous semesters, but I still needed to reapply. I did not get things in order in time for the Winter 2010 semester, but, driven by the allure of student privileges, I had started reapplying for Spring 2010. To be completely honest, all I wanted was to become a "student" so I could join the student sports fan club and win prizes. BYU is smarter than you think though, because with my acceptance letter came the stipulation that I register for and complete the semester or term I applied for. Thus, whether I liked it or not, I was going back to school. Given my financial status and my new job, which required me to be free from 9 am to 9 pm, I could only take one 8 o'clock class. Of all the classes offered this spring, a grand total of two were from 8:00-8:50 AM. One I had already taken and passed with a B+. And so the stars aligned and I soon attended my first day in Jazz Dance. Even better, my worst fear was realized and I was the only male in the class. I could not help but laugh at my situation. I was never mad or frustrated, but I was determined to go to class every day and do my absolute best and to enjoy my class. This highly humorous state of affairs turned out to be another miracle in my life. Waking up at 7:00 AM each morning Monday through Thursday and participating in rigorous stretching and dancing motion for an hour boosted my energy levels tremendously. My mind, body and soul were revitalized and slowly, but surely, I began to make other changes in my life. Slowly, but surely, the summer miracle unfolded.
0 Responses

    Followers