Vacation

Well, the first non-weekend day of my vacation was pretty dang good. I cleaned up and organized my room and got a pile of stuff for DI together. In the afternoon Phillip and I went out and ran errands. We dropped off stuff at DI, went to Deseret Book, went to Old Navy, went to Ross, went to Wal Mart, went to Hobby Lobby and then went home. At home Mike and I watched some movies. It had been snowing since Sunday night so we had a few inches of wet snow on the ground. It snowed all day yesterday, though pretty lightly, so the roads were just wet, but after dark it started covering the roads again. I did the one thing I hate and drove in the snow. We expected a couple inches overnight so, since Mike's scooter is incapable of driving in snow, we arranged for me to get up at 7 so he could be at work at 8. Well, this morning when I got up, I looked out the window to check the roads. When I saw about 10 inches of snow covering everything and the roads with several inches of slush and snow on them as well, I immediately told Mike he would have to walk or miss work because there was no way I was driving a borrowed car in that weather. He had already told his boss he wouldn't make it in, which is odd because an hour later he walked to my place. Anyway, the snow fell through mid-day today and is expected that we'll still get a bit more today or tonight before it warms up a little. They didn't expect a white Christmas here, but I think there will still be a good little bit of snow on Saturday.

Unfortunately, this series of storms, which won't move out until late Thursday, may delay our departure to Iowa. I'm sure Annie wouldn't hesitate to drive regardless of road conditions, but that's why she almost wrecked just trying to make a simple turn on an icy road during Thanksgiving. 14 people have died in accidents since Thursday night when the rain and snow began, with all but one of those accidents having weather as a major factor. I absolutely refuse to drive up through Wyoming if it's snowing. We'll evaluate our options as these storms move out, but there is a very real chance that we won't leave until Christmas morning. Time will tell.
0 Responses

    Followers