The Party

Today was AMAZING! In church we had a Christmas program. That was pretty enjoyable. Lots of good music.

After church it was immediately down to business. I started whipping up Jello, Double Layer Pumpkin Pie and Cinnamon Cheesecake. I took a quick break to do home teaching and be home taught. That was actually pretty awesome because we combined 3 groups and did a round robin on the love sac and couches. I had moved the love sac down to Phillip's so it was down there. After the group home teaching, it was back to work. We set up the tables and chairs (we borrowed some possibly illegally from campus) and I got back to cooking. I got the Jello and pies done and then went to work on cleaning the living room and decorating the table. Once that was done, with all the festive colored plates and such and the gift bags and Christmas cards, the table looked AMAZING. I loved it!! I popped the yams in the oven to soften up and got the ham going in another oven. Next door, the rolls were going. Everything came along flawlessly. The timing was all working out perfectly. By 6:00 we had rolls, deviled eggs, yams topped with gingerbread marshmallows (which were HEAVENLY!!!), ham, green beans with almonds, and Jello with whipped cream. 20 people sat around 3 tables lined up to make one big table. We took pictures, prayed and began the feast. I have never had a more memorable dinner. Everything worked out so well and having my best friends there made it all worth it. The food was absolutely delicious. The yams were seriously to die for. The ham was so juicy. The jello was great. The green beans were...healthy-ish.

After enjoying such a good meal, we had a little entertainment by Evan and I. We did a tap dance out on the balcony for everyone. It was my first public tap performance and it was really fun. Right after the tap performance we tore down the tables and set up the couches and love sac again. People began to file out and we were left with a reasonable number for my small apartment. We busted out the pie and cheesecake and started Muppet Christmas Carol on the projector. The cheesecake turned out really good. I was pleased. Sadly though, the great night came to an early end when the projector turned off. Apparently the fans must not have kicked in right and it overheated. I'm letting it rest overnight and hoping no damage occurred, but this has happened to the projector with the old owner and he warned me if it overheats, the part that is causing it to overheat could damage some piece that will cost a bit to replace. We didn't expect it to overheat, but, technology never does what you expect. I'll see if I can get it looked at for cheap or free by someone maybe on campus. I can't afford to replace the part. UGH!! It's so frustrating.

Anyway, the dinner went so well. I'm really glad for everyone that came. This was a good way to start what will be a busy and stressful week for everyone.
0 Responses

    Followers