Drawing Near the End

The end of 2010 is drawing so close. I can't believe what a year it's been. I look at where I stood at the beginning of this year and I am blown away at where I am now. Here's a brief recap of what's happened to me this year:

In January I was working at Sundance. I enjoyed my job but the transportation wasn't working out, nor was the environment going well for me. Either the end of January of the start of February, I was out of a job again. I was a little more determined this year though to be better so I did a little better job hunting. In March I interviewed for the Seven Peaks Assistant Food Manager job. I didn't get that but I re-interviewed for the supervisor position that I was eventually hired for. In Spring Term I went back to school and took a half credit. That went amazing. My summer jobs saved my life. I grew a lot as a person and I eliminated all of my $700+ debt, plus saved up over $1,000 by the end of my job. I read the Book of Mormon cover to cover this summer too, which changed my life completely. With money saved up, I went back to school part time, just retaking the classes I failed before. I had another job before my summer one was even finished, so I had no stress from switching jobs. This semester has taught me a lot about myself and my limitations. I picked a major I'm excited about and feel right about and now I'm anxious to see where next year takes me. A mission, school, excitement...it's daunting for sure, but it feels good to have a handle on my life. The past couple years were out of control.

This week has been like a mini version of the year. Started out rough but ended wonderfully with high prospects for the future. I'm glad to have the weekend to enjoy and I look forward to finishing off the semester strong next week.

Here's some random pictures of me from today. One is me on the love sac playing my trumpet, the other is from me decorating myself as a tree tonight.




More Christmas music for the song of the day.
0 Responses

    Followers