I Beat Monday

My Monday started off pretty lame. My projector was dead. I had to work. Nothing was going on today. But, I ended up having a pretty good Monday. I was treated to a big hunk o' fudge at work today. I was thinking how great my job is. I get treated really well. This semester we've had 2 hot dog BBQ lunches. I got a shirt, a hat and a tire gauge as a Christmas gift. My boss has given me amazing mint truffles, pieces of holiday bread from Kneader's, fudge and Hershey's Bliss Meltaways. I think there may have been more but I don't remember. Anyway, it all kind of makes up for the hours spent in either blistering heat or freezing cold. In all fairness to Mother Nature though, today was an absolutely gorgeous day. Up until about 2:00 it was sunny and around 50 degrees.

I did manage to split my fingernail from my finger peeling an orange. I have a history of hurting myself on food. I remember drawing blood from a frozen baguette. What was funny is that it took me a long time before I finally cut myself with an actual blade. It was always food that got me. I'm just weird like that.

Before work I called around and found that the only projector repair place in town was the one that had already looked at my projector twice with the old owner. I determined that they were worthless and not worth the $50 analysis fee, so I did what I do best. I got online and within an hour after work had my projector working again. That alone relieved my Monday blues exponentially.

So my Wal-Mart temporary shoes did not last at all. It's been probably less than 30 days and they collapsed on the inside and the heel is now almost fallen off the outside. I'll be taking them back, getting my money back and going to get real shoes. I'm driving a friend to the airport in his car Thursday and we're going to stop at the Gateway in Salt Lake. Hopefully I can find something there. I need shoes desperately. Very desperately.

It's 1 AM and I still have work tomorrow, followed by an evening of finals review, so I best get to sleep! Someone has pictures of the dinner, but I may not be able to get copies until after the break since the person is heading home to Brazil today.
0 Responses

    Followers