The AWESOME Weekend

Well, I have had one successful weekend. Since I only briefly recapped Friday I'll give the full run down now.

Thursday I drove up to Salt Lake to take Evan to the airport. We stopped at the Gateway to look for some shoes for me. We ate some dinner and everything was closing down so I didn't find shoes. I did, however, find a $5 olive oil dispenser. I've been wanting one for cooking for some time. The ones I've seen were always like $10 or more, so I couldn't pass up such a nice one for $5.
olive oil dispenser

After dropping Evan off I now have the car through the break. Friday, after finishing finals, I celebrated by going to the mall to get the shoes I've been looking at. They were $45, but with my $10 gift card to the mall, they would be $35. I got lucky though, because when they ran the card, they said it covered the entire purchase. I told them the card had only $10, and she double checked that it went through, but she assured me it was covered. So, I ended up getting my shoes for FREE!! I was super happy, so on my way out through Sears, I looked at the men's department. I had just bought a pair of jeans at Target for $20, which turned out to not be very comfortable. I had planned on returning those and the wal mart shoes I bought that totally fell apart. So, having not spent any money on shoes, I found TWO really nice pairs of jeans, one for $12.99 and one for $17.99. Then I found a $10 striped thermal henley shirt. I bought those and then went and made my returns. If you followed this all right, you'll realize that my bank account did not go down $70+. The shoes were free. The $30 in returns covered the two pairs of jeans. All I really spent was $10! It was pretty awesome. I've been looking for a good sweater, but I haven't found a good one for the right price yet, so that'll either have to wait or I'll go without.
thermal henley shirt

Today I went shopping with Phillip and helped him get gifts for his family and friends. I admit I was tempted to spend money, but all I got was some q-tips. I've been out for awhile and no one had a good price. But wal mart had 500 of the good brand (in pink too!) for only 2 bucks.


That's the most of the awesomeness of the weekend. Football dominated, basketball struggled and lost. I'm going to Iowa next week!
0 Responses

    Followers