Sweet Saturday

Today was a very busy and fun day. This morning I prepared my lesson for the Mission Prep class I'm teaching in church this week. There are some things I am good at teaching and some things I do not teach well. Church is something I don't teach as well. I think this lesson will go pretty well though. I've spent a good amount of time preparing it. My only concern is that I'll be done in like 20 minutes. I plan on starting a minute or two late, singing a long hymn, picking the longest prayer-giver and then maybe having some random talk about life before starting my lesson. Hopefully then I'll finish without being too early. Sadly it is Fast Sunday, so I won't be tying food into this lesson.

After preparing most of my lesson this morning, I went out and ran some errands with Evan (from two doors down). He had to go to the bank and exchange some pants. I had to price shop spiral sliced hams. I think I'll be getting my ham from Costco. They had very nice sized hams for much lower prices.

Immediately after getting back from errands we headed up to Salt Lake for the basketball game. It was a great game and, of course, we won. I had hoped to spend a good hour or so in downtown after the game, seeing the lights (our ward went up to see them Monday for FHE but I skipped to write that paper I never wrote on Monday anyway) and enjoying the sights, but, alas, Annie was in some super hurry so we high tailed it out ASAP. We had pizza at Michelle's then came home. At home I watched a movie and then finished up my lesson. Now it's midnight and past time for bed.

Tomorrow I'll give you an exclusive look at my Christmas Dinner Party invitations, poem and menu, as well as tell you how many I'm expecting and what kind of awesome decorations we have.

Song of the day: Carol of the Bells
0 Responses

    Followers